Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
New Camper

Can anyone assist me with some type of affordable (read: cheap) replacement mattresses for the bunks in a zinger 32QBS? They are off standard sizes, and I need to replace all 4 from previous owner's aparent non-potty trained children/possible cat problem? Im pretty strapped just purchasing the camper, so budget is a factor. I considered buying a couple of king sized foam mattress pad and cutting them intofour smaller bunk sized mattress pads... any opinions on that? Any experience with foam mattress companies that are marketed towards the cheapo's like myself? Thanks, Tyler
twallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

i picked up a full foam matress for the queen size bed. it was normally $1200 but the local chain here (sleepys) discounts blems. i couldnt even find the tearn the corner. i paid $400. that beiing said you can buy one and definity ut t up. i trimmed mine because my trailer uses a short queen. it cuts with a razor blade. just take the pllow case style cover off, then use a strait edge and cut. my kids are getting bigger and i'll be in the market for better matress's soon also.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We replaced one bunk mattress in our 32QB with a 3" foam topper we bought from Overstocked.com . They have many different types and sizes. The prices vary also so you need to look at what they have. Shipping is only a few dollars and sometimes they offer that for free. We also bought one for our queen size bad, what an approvement that made.

My son who slept on the new mattress also said it was alot better then what came with the rig. I hope this helps you out.

2003 Excursion (his)

2000 Excursion (hers)

2006 Zinger 32QB
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Check with a local upholstery shop, one that makes cushions and seats. They may have or can order 3" - 6" sheet stock in varying degrees of firmness. Usually they will cut it to your specific measurements. We bought one for our off-size queen on the boat for about $150 and used it 5 years.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote