Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Site Team

I was up on the roof cleaning off the yellow pine pollen and noticed what looks like a bubble in the membrane. Not very big, but still it caused some concern on my part.
I wonder what the procedure is for taking care of small bubbles like that???
It was probably the size around of a cigar and about 3 in. long. Anybody have any ideas?

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Where is it? Is it located at a seam in the roof decking? Roof bubbles are very normal from normal contraction/flex of materials over time. The only time they become a concern is when they occur near a edge where it could begin to lift as driving.

If you find your uncomfortable with it you can inject someadhesive with a syringe and then put a dab of caulking or piece of Eternabond over it.

Personally I have a few bubbles and wrinkles on my roof and I have no plans to touch them. They are located at the decking joints where the roof moves/flexes. They are narrow but aout 2-5" in length.

Good luck.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Bubbles are a sore spot with me as I found it to get larger and rip the roof costing me some $$$. Some say it is normal and when I asked my dealer service guy he said much the same as mweeber78 said above. But if it is still under warranty I would have CR fix it or make a note of it in case it gets bigger and rips. Also I am told that bubbles can be caused by water getting under the roof some how and releasing the glue.

If you decide to let it go make sure to watch it and see that it does not get any bigger or you will be in you wallet to fix it.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have a bubble near the front downslope (about 8" round). It has been there since day 1 (noticed it on PDI). I had the dealer and Crossroads note it in the records and confirmed CR was aware of it. The consensus was to leave it alone. In the past 4 years, it has not changed at all.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Lloyd, we have 4 or 5 bubbles in our roof membrane up to about 4"X4". They were brought to the attention of CR and the local dealer they had doing our warranty work when we first bought the trailer and I was basically told live with it. It is a sore spot with me as well considering what you pay for these units to have bubbles in the roof material.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
Site Team

Thanks for the feed back. Sounds like --- live with it and watch. It just seems that a little more quality control at the plant would go a long ways.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Lloyd, I have several bubbles on my roof.A couple about the size of yours, one bigger,and several smaller ones. They have been there from day one. They just didn't get any glue there went the rig was built. I used a ball point pen and outlined them so I could tell if they got bigger. Then I mapped them with a rough drawing and a couple of dated pics and put them in my records. So far after 3 years they have not grown at all.

It's iriitating that the quality control is not better, but unless the bubbles are near the edge they will probably be OK. MY last rig was a fleetwood product and the rubber roof had zero bubbles. It was 14 years old when I sold it.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Didn't pay much attention to this thread but when I cleaned the roof this morning I noticed a small bubble. I don't recall seeing it before but this is the first time I've actually been up on the roof to scrub. Always cleaned and inspected from the edges in the past. It appears to be filled with air/not water. Haven't checked the warranty for the roof, but the ST29RL is out of the CR warranty period. I'll keep my eye on it - don't want to dig deeper into my wallet than necessary.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote