Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
New Camper

I have a 2005 Zinger ZT32QB which needs new roof vent lids. I haven't taken the old ones off yet and was wonding if anyone knew the manufacturer of the vent so I could get the proper part? Thanks!
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon

I have a 2005 Zinger ZT32QB which needs new roof vent lids. I haven't taken the old ones off yet and was wonding if anyone knew the manufacturer of the vent so I could get the proper part? Thanks!

Congrats on your 1st post and welcome. If you can take one to the local RV supply house, I'll bet you they'll have one to match it. Mounting differences and size (not necessarily manufacture) is the important thing. You'll probably also have the option of white, translucent or smoked tint. Good luck.

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

OK so I went through this myself, first how did you remove the old vent? Did you pull the pin frome the hinge? Hope that is true. you can get a replacement at Camping World. You just need the dims (size) of the old one. The hard part is getting it back on the arm and then in the hinge. Not too bad though.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

They make 3or4 different designs and you should take one with you.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

I need to replace one as well. One of mine cracked over the winter.

I didn't realize how brittle these things get when cold. I smacked it with the snow shovel when removing 30 inches of snow from the roof...

I patched it with my rubber roof patch kitand itis holding up well.

I was thinking of just putting a max-air type cover over it and calling it good. But I guess I could replace the cover at the same time. I didn't realize there were different sizes though. Thanks for the heads up to take the old one with me. Edited by: shoetravel

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

After you replace the cracked lids, I would recommend that you install Max Air vent covers. When I buy a new rig the first thing I do is have them installed before I leave the lot. They are great to protect the lids and allow you to run down the highway with the covers open even in the rain. It sure helps to keep the heat down while towing in the summer time too.
Bayou Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
I was keeping my vents open somewhile towing. I have found out that the inside of the trailer gets dirtier with them open some. I now keep them closed when in tow.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG
I was keeping my vents open somewhile towing. I have found out that the inside of the trailer gets dirtier with them open some. I now keep them closed when in tow.

Do you have the Max Airs installed? If not that might be what is causing the lids to fail. As for the dirt, I get a little dust from time to time but I stick to paved roads so it is not too bad.
Bayou Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
When I bought the 5ver the first thing I had put on was the Max Airs. Even with staying on paved roads we have found out that keeping the roof vents open some, cause the inside of the 5ver to get dirtier. We cleaned the 5ver before we went for one weekend last year had the vents open and when we got to the campground there was a coating of dust on everything in the 5ver. After that we keep them closed when in tow.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote