Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
New Camper

Have you ever seen white chalky or milky like residue come off your 5th wheel roof after a rain? If so what do you suggest to use to treat it. We have a 2007 Crossroads Cruiser.
JOEY & ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Site Team

A little more info will help. Not knowing if you are the original owners-----If you are, have you ever cleaned the roof? That might be one place to start. A good scrubbing with either spic & span, or solvit might get rid of that white residue. If the rig has sat out in the hot sun all of it's life, might be a reason for it. If you are not the first owner, then you don't know what was used on the roof before.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have seen this a lot with my PP. A good washing (I use comet with a brush and a good rinse) and I do use a rubber roof treatment after it has dried. If you do this a couple times a year it seems to keep it in check. My roof also has gray spots not all nice and white but I think it is the sun and it has been that way since new. If you can keep the roof in good shape the runoff will not stain the side of the trailer.

Hope this helps answer your question

Old 01-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
New Camper

I am quite agree with the Old farmer. can you used some plastic paper which is give support from the rain water.. Or don't know much more about the rubber roof treatment. but try it one time at lest you will get a experiences.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #5
New Camper

Thank everyone for your replies, we talked to the original owner and he washed and treated the roof in the summer of 2009, so I guess I will be doing the same.

Thank You.

Joey & Anne.

2005 GMC SIERRA 3500 6.6 DURMAX BACKED BY A ALLISON TRANS, pulling a 2007 Cruiser.
JOEY & ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

« Pics | Awning??? »