Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Crossroads RV announced today that a new luxury 5th wheel RV will be introduced at the Louisville show starting 11/30/10. The Rushmore contains all type of high end RV features. No pictures yet. The press release is featured on Greg Gerber's RV D@ily Report...www.rvdailyreport.com.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

is it replacing the seville or kingston?

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Read about it on RV Business web site. Sounds like it will be above the Seville in luxury and price. Probably meant to compete with high end Carriages, etc. There have been rumors for a long time that Crossroads wanted to get into the Luxury market.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

interesting. when others are down sizing, crossroads is expanding. sounds good.

heres a link to the article. the above link was to the website.

http://rvdailyreport.com/News/tabid/...fth-wheel.aspxEdited by: spinella

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

We were at Crossroads on the 16th and got to see the Rushmore. We were told that is between the Kingston and the Seville but would replace the Seville in the product line. From what we were told is that some features/options are different to keep the cost below that of the Seville so as to not hurt the value of the Seville's on the road.

We saw the 38' and the 35CK floorplans. There are some differences but as a Seville owner, I would still buy the Seville.

I don't have pictures as those won't be out till Louisville where it will be unveiled.

2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I am not sure I like all the name changes and I think that CR will have so many models they will be just like everyone else. I think they should stick with the names they have and just make improvements. Not that I have had frame problems but they are still using Lippert frames. Each year they have a new model with a new name the only one that stands the test of time is the cruiser. just add the names behind it as to options they have added.

just my two cents

Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

The Kingston and Seville are being replaced by a product called the Rushmore. Its the panache and look of the Seville, but the aggressive pricing of the Kingston. Its difficult to understand as a consumer, but when competitors chop up the market with products, you have to essentially be 2 steps ahead or willing to walk at the same speed. CrossRoads is trying harder than ever to be in the race.

CrossRoads has a new entity called Redwood, which is a luxury fifth wheel brand that replaces the previous Seville with an autonomous division that will only build, market, and warranty luxury fifth wheels. If you like Carriage and DRV fifth wheels, look out... they're likely to "one up" the market this year.

http://www.southernrv.com/2011-redwo...6rl-GA-i231165

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I am thinking I wish I had not bought a Seville in August. This looks awesome!

2011 Seville VF36SB

https://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...mi/Seville.jpg
GaPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

The Redwood is not the Rushmore. Redwood is a separate division of Thor and not Crossroads RV.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

From today's RV D@ily Report by Greg Gerber:

<DIV =articleCalendarDay>23

<DIV =articleline>

<H1>Redwood RV is open for business</H1>

<DIV ="articleAuthor Normal">Greg Gerber posted on November 23, 2010 08:53

<DIV ="articleEntry Normal">

<DIV =article>

SYRACUSE, Ind. -- Don Emahiser, president of Redwood RV, announced today that Redwood RV is open for business.

After forming in July, Redwood has a full production lineand fivefloor plans already designed.

“This has been nothing short of a gargantuan effort by everyone involved with Redwood,� Emahiser stated. “There are about 30 heroes of mine who pulled this off, and it has been incredible to watch them work together for this common goal."

He singled out the efforts of Ray Patterson and Dan Kreider, engineer andvice presidentof manufacturing, respectively, noting how they “dove right in and made it happen.�

Tom Montague, Redwood national sales manager, noted that they originally hoped to take one prototype to the Louisville Show and now will have three floor plans in the display, including one with what he calls the most head-turning full body paint job seen in a long time.

“We are open for business, happy to be here, and hope that our dealer partners have as much fun as we have thus far," said Emahiser.

Redwood RV will be located in Booth 1101 at National RVTrade Show Nov. 30 to Dec. 2 in Louisville, Ky.

Headquartered in Syracuse, Ind., Redwood RV products are distributed through dealers throughout the United States and Canada. Redwood RV is a division of Thor Industries Inc. Thor Industries Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles.

SOURCE:Redwood RV press release

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Redwood is an operating entity of CrossRoads, but will be managed separately. You won't call CrossRoads' number and have any direction to Redwood.http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/11/montague-outlines-thors-redwood-rv-plan/

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

Here is some info and pictures of the New Crossroads Rushmore

Quite different looking from the Sevilleand Kingston it replaces

Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:06 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

The RF35CK (Rushmore) and the VF35CK (Seville) are very similar. I like the Rushmore exterior but I think the Seville interior is maybe a little better. Crossroads is really trying to be competitive in the market and not take down the value of the Seville's out there.

I was there the day they took these pictures. We were inside the RF38CK when they were taking pictures.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Woodcarvinggypsy

These two pictureswere taken at a Dealer andare posted on theirWebsite, a third picture that I did post from their website has the dealers tag on the Rushmore.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

Yep, you're right. There was a Cruiser and another Rushmore parked behind the front facing picture when we were at the factory.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

Brad,

A combined replacement for the Kingston and Seville makes much more sense than replacing the Seville alone. This goes double for Crossroads creating a new luxury line aimed at the Carriage market. The Seville was a decent competitor in its price segment, but not the Kingston. Keystone's Montana line offers much more value than comparably priced Kingstons, and the latter badly needed elimination or a truly major revision.

Crossroad's reputation for quality could easily boosted into real competition with Carriage with a higher-priced model than the Seville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
The Kingston and Seville are being replaced by a product called the Rushmore. Its the panache and look of the Seville, but the aggressive pricing of the Kingston.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #17
Weekend Camper

Yep Tom, I understand thatboth the Seville and Kingston are out of production and are being replaced with the Rushmore. Looks like the Rushmore will no problem taking on the Montana product in price and features.

Now that Crossroads hasthe Redwood in productionsthey also havea product that will compete with the upper end Carriage and Moblie Suites type units.

Robert
Old 12-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

Rob,

I've since read the various press releases and have a better idea of the Redwood market strategy.It doesn't use the Crossroads name because they don't want the target market to think of anything downscale.

But, and this is a real big BUT, it also means they're looking at years and years of operating losses to establish the Redwood brand name, unless they have some new high-quality manufacturing process. I suspect they'll instead almost entirely build to-order to at least reduce their losses until the brand is established, and get around the dealer problem.

The dealer problem is especially acute in the high-end market because customers who can afford such expensive RV's, at all, can also afford the losses from trading the things in on comfortable-enough Montanas if a bad dealer poisons their experience with an expensive RV.

Crossroads collapsing the Kingston/Seville market into a single new line also makes more sense ifthey plan establishing the Redwood brand by well under-pricing Carriage Cameos. A high-end Crossroads model like the Seville would compete with Redwoods.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:01 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

I totally agree Tom.

In Crossroads trying to seperate the Redwood line from the other Crossroads product is a good thing but will take time to establish the Redwood product. The Redwood I saw in preson was impressive but it will be tough to crack into the high end 5th Wheel market with so many great "Fulltime" 5th Wheel products already.

Redwood will have to buy their way into the market in the beginning to get established and get product in the feild. Many customers are somewhat leary of a product with no track record in a "Fulltime" market since this will be their home!

Robert
Old 12-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #20
Full Time Camper

It does say "Crossroads" under the Redwood logo.

Art and Karen
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014