Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #1
New Camper

Satellite TV Connection

We have a Crusier Aire CR28RD and the satellite connection comes into the bedroom. If I install our Directv receiver in the bedroom how do I get the signal to the living room TV? It only has coax between the bedroom and living room. And it would be a very difficult task to run HDMI between them. The antenna power connection is also located in the bedroom. Any ideas would be a great help.
bfd192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

You should also have a connection in the living room at the entertainment center area!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #3
New Camper

I will look again but I only saw one coax connection behind the tv in the living room which is mounted above an in wall electric fire place.
bfd192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:05 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Maybe if you only have one behind the tv. Maybe that one will work cable or satellite. Have you tried it?

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hi, not sure what your model looks like but we ran a cable(maybe two as we have two, two-channel PVRs) from the bedroom outside on the roof to the entertainment section/TV area. It was pretty painless. Measure twice, cut once! Held in place with dabs of roof sealant.
DzlDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
New Camper

I have a 2018 28RD and the sat connection does not go to the main TV.
I found where the cable came in under the slide and ran a new one for the sat connection and fished it up behind the TV.

Another choice is there is a connection under the fridge take off that panel and install a connection to the out side and install a A/B switch

Hope this helps

Jeff T
Old 03-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
New Camper

I am having the same issue. I have a 2021 Crossroads Zinger 331bhs. The only thing that works in the bedroom is the antenna digital signal. In the main living room, the satellite is working fine. Does the satellite box output go to some kind of input that the bedroom TV will receive? So in reality, what is being watched in the main living room is what will be seen on the TV in the bedroom. Is there a way to have two satellite boxes? One in the living room and One in the bedroom.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:47 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Satellite System

Hi, on our used 35CK the satellite was hooked up to the bedroom. There was provision with a new LNB for two feeds so I had the second one ran to the TV in the fireplace at the back. Two digital PVR's so we can watch different channels on each TV. My experience with RVs is that there almost no two alike coming out of the factory and the documentation is poor.
DzlDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite tv directv

« Caulk? | Heads up »