Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
New Camper

I have a 2008 Crossroads Seville SF35CK with 3 yep 3 cracked rims, inswon't cover because they classify as "manafacture defect". I am the second owner, first owner had the rig for 3 monhs and then traded - I have had it since.

Here is the explinations of many:

Randy at Crossroads - (Manuf of coach) -not original owner can't do anything
Cindy at Tredit Tirres - (dist of rims) - not original owner can't do anything
Warrenty Lady at TireCo (manuf of the rims) - would not give me her name -not original owner - warrenty non-transferable sorry nothingwe can do.

Now - I understand how warrenty issues work,howeverI do not understand how neither Randy, Cindy, or the Warrrenty Lady understand the responsibilities for "DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE!"

Hopefully once these individuals are contacted bymy Attorney, OSHA, and RV Action Line at least one of the three willman up and reimburse me forthe rims.

Has anyone else had a problem with "cracked rims" on their Crossroads units? Oh yeah, Thor,
the big owner wouldn't even take to me.

CNDAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I would think the only one you could go after would be the rim maunufacture. Your rig is three years old so Crossroads or the tire manufacture would have nothing to do with it. As far as OSHA or the RV Action Line I would think they are not going to be much help to you unless there have been several other reports of cracked rims made by the same rim manufacture. Just my $.02 and good luck.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I fully understand that you think you have been wronged and someone should pay, BUT you don't have a leg to stand on. The warranties are very clear and I don't think theywill make an exception for you?

Good luck.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

OSHA has nothing to do with it. Maybe the NTSB but not OSHA. As far as the warranty, have you talked to the dealer that sold you the rig? They have more responsibility than anyone else.

Edited by: Chrisnan23

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

While I understand your frustration I cannot see where CR has any responsibility. The warranty is clear as to duration and is non-transferable. You can call in the FBI, TSA and ICE while you are making threats but none of it will hold up in a court of law. I am a devoted reader of Action Line and the first thing they say is "Read the warranty".
I feel your pain but believe you to be SOL.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I agree with Chrisnan23, you need to talk to your dealer about some help with replacement. Your rig is a 2008 you stated. How long have you owned it? If you have owned the rig for quite sometime, did you just notice this problem.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to mlsawmill
I have seen other cracked rims.

Good luck, but I don't think you stand a chance of He-- getting anything done.

Just go buy new ones or try finding some used ones.

Rims take a real beating and sometimes do get bent or cracks.

One of our RV friends had a cracked rim on his trailer.

My son has hit a curb with his Carmaro and he bent the rim and he just went and bought one. Car is still under warranty but why try to go that route when it was his fault.

Marvin
Old 12-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Sorry but like stated above, I think you are SOL. You are out of warranty by 2 different standards, first crossroads offers a 2 year warranty not 3 yr and secondly you are a second owner. This is a big reason why I bought new instead of used. It sounds like you have had your rig for almost 3 yrs and yet you are just noticing that you have 3 rims cracked? Did this happen all of a sudden to all 3 rims? Or did you drive over something that made it happen? Did you change to a tire that was rated higher than the rims were rated for? Or run your current tires at too high of a pressure? I wish you the best of luck but I think you will get no-where with this one.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

If you check your rims are made in China same place your tires are made. You are sol on all acounts.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

If 3 out of 4 are cracked, are they aluminum rims and have the lugspossible been overtightened? Where on the rims are the cracks? Are they all in the same approx place on the rims?

Seems very odd to have a rim issue, let alone 3.

To the point above, have the tires been changed and did the dealer use appropriate care when changing if aluminum?

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNDAUSA

I have a 2008 Crossroads Seville SF35CK with 3 yep 3 cracked rims, inswon't cover because they classify as "manafacture defect". I am the second owner, first owner had the rig for 3 monhs and then traded - I have had it since.

Here is the explinations of many:

Randy at Crossroads - (Manuf of coach) -not original owner can't do anything
Cindy at Tredit Tirres - (dist of rims) - not original owner can't do anything
Warrenty Lady at TireCo (manuf of the rims) - would not give me her name -not original owner - warrenty non-transferable sorry nothingwe can do.

Now - I understand how warrenty issues work,howeverI do not understand how neither Randy, Cindy, or the Warrrenty Lady understand the responsibilities for "DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE!"

Hopefully once these individuals are contacted bymy Attorney, OSHA, and RV Action Line at least one of the three willman up and reimburse me forthe rims.

Has anyone else had a problem with "cracked rims" on their Crossroads units? Oh yeah, Thor,
the big owner wouldn't even take to me.
Not sure what you want them to do, but the warranties are pretty specific.

Maybe you'll get lucky as you continue your investigation and somebody will steal them off your unit and insurance will then cover them along with some tires.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote