Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Sewer connection type

What brand of sewer connection is on a 2012 Crossroads Slingshot GT29BH? We are getting back into camping and I remember there were two different brands. One was Thetford & the other I cannot recall.
Thanks
77HORNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Does not matter. They all share the same design to connect to the rv. . I myself prefer the Camco RhinoFLEX. Very durable.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

So there’s a standard type now? Well that’s great to know! Thanks man!
Old 08-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77HORNET View Post
So there’s a standard type now? Well that’s great to know! Thanks man!
If you're referring to where you connect the hose to drain holding tanks then as far back as I can remember that connection has been the same in my 40+ years of rving. So most any brand of rv sewer hose you like will connect. I preferred the Viper, just as durable as the Rhino, but much more flexible.
If there's another connection you're questioning then we may need pictures of that connection or at least a better description.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:04 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If you're referring to where you connect the hose to drain holding tanks then as far back as I can remember that connection has been the same in my 40+ years of rving. So most any brand of rv sewer hose you like will connect. I preferred the Viper, just as durable as the Rhino, but much more flexible.
If there's another connection you're questioning then we may need pictures of that connection or at least a better description.
Up to the 90s there were 2 brands and they weren’t compatible. One was white, one was black. So which type is used now? Thetford or the other brand?
Old 08-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #6
Site Team

All brands are now the same connectors. Buy any brand you want, your choice. There are cheap ones and more expensive ones. You get what you pay for. So, any of the hoses will work.

Go to Walmart, Amazon, or your local Rv dealer. Does not matter.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 08-31-2020, 10:25 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I remember the other brand now. It was Valterra. So I’m guessing the standard now is one of those 2 brands.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
Site Team

I'm trying to tell you, ALL brands have the same connection. You don't have to buy a Valterra or Thetford.

Old 08-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I'm trying to tell you, ALL brands have the same connection. You don't have to buy a Valterra or Thetford.
I’m sorry Mark, I got all that from the beginning. Was just conversing about the way it used to be.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #10
Site Team

I have had both brands and some knock offs but they all fit the same. The only difference was in the dump valves themselves. Parts from would not the other.

The "Connection has always been the same" . Some have 2 "ears" and some have 4 but they are all the same size and connect the same.

I can remember when campers had no holding tanks. You used the campground pit -potties. My parents had one camper with a "chamber pot "style toilet.. WHOO HOOO indor plumbing!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77HORNET View Post
I’m sorry Mark, I got all that from the beginning. Was just conversing about the way it used to be.

No need to apologize. Just wanted to make sure you're free to chose the brand you like.