Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Shower Door-Hill Country 33bd

Hey Guys, I am not sure of the name for it but my husband and I have one of those plastic shower doors that is curved. When you open the door, one panel slides behind another making an opening. Anyway, the trim where the two sides meet to close it keeps coming off. We have repaired with Gorilla glue but to no avail. Any ideas? or any suggestions as to a better door? I don't really want curtains. Thanks for your help.
pruittc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Send a message via MSN to KECoats
Gorilla glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruittc View Post
Hey Guys, I am not sure of the name for it but my husband and I have one of those plastic shower doors that is curved. When you open the door, one panel slides behind another making an opening. Anyway, the trim where the two sides meet to close it keeps coming off. We have repaired with Gorilla glue but to no avail. Any ideas? or any suggestions as to a better door? I don't really want curtains. Thanks for your help.
My experience with Gorilla glue is that it becomes brittle and does not have good sideways strength. I use clear silicon sealant for applications such as yours wet or dry. Just let it cure 24 hrs.
KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote