Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

I did a search and didn't see anything on this.

My 07 cf30sk bedroom slide seems slightly out of alignment. When fully extended, the side of the slide closest to the front of the 5th wheel is not as tight against the wall as the side closest to the rear. When fully retracted, the side closest to the front isn't as close to the rv sidewall (exterior) as the side closest to the rear.

It looks like one side is off by 1 inch.

Does anyone know how to check/adjust the bedroom slide alignment?

thanks,

Joe_A
joe_agogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

the adjustments can be made under the bed.

wattashine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

The slide adjustments are under the bed as previously mentioned. I've attached the link to the Lippert manual. Check Fig. 4, in the manual to see if that agrees with your unit. It's possible that the adjusting cam has come loose.

http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...ideout-Web.pdf
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks much! I'll check it out.

By the way, I talked with Randy at Crossroads. He said that if it wasn't leaking, to just keep an eye on it. I think I'll check out the adjument.

thanks,

Joe_A
Old 06-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Joe,

I hope that I am reading your description wrong or that you stated it wrong. If the side closest to the front of the fiver is not tight when the slide is open and also not tight when it is closed, that would indicate that the slideout sides are not equal in length and unrelated to alignment. Again, hope I'm misunderstanding something.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:41 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle1
Joe,

I hope that I am reading your description wrong or that you stated it wrong. If the side closest to the front of the fiver is not tight when the slide is open and also not tight when it is closed, that would indicate that the slideout sides are not equal in length and unrelated to alignment. Again, hope I'm misunderstanding something.

Dayle,

What Joe is describing is quite possible because if you look at the drawing for the bed slide, you'll notice that there are two slotted slip plates that are used for the adjustment. If one is loose then the drive shaft would have to rotate farther to before it would drive out that side of the slide. The same goes for the retracting the slide. That side will not move until the loose locking bolt rotates around in the slotted plates and catches the other side causing that side of the slide to start to move late compared to the other side.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Old 06-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayle1
Joe, I hope that I am reading your description wrong or that you stated it wrong. If the side closest to the front of the fiver is not tight when the slide is open and also not tight when it is closed, that would indicate that the slideout sides are not equal in length and unrelated to alignment. Again, hope I'm misunderstanding something.
Â*

Dayle,

What Joe is describing is quite possible because if you look at the drawing for the bed slide, you'll notice that there are two slotted slip plates that are used for the adjustment.Â* If one is loose then the drive shaft would have to rotate farther to before it would drive out that side of the slide.Â* The same goes for the retracting the slide.Â* That side will not move until the loose locking bolt rotates around in the slotted plates and catches the other side causing that side of the slide to start to move late compared to the other side.Â*

That is what I considered as a second option. I guess it doesn't bind like the main SO can because the bedroom SO is narrow and has limited travel.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

OK, given your observation, what would be the easiest way to remedy this?

Would it be to simply:

1. Find loose plate, and tighten bolts

2. Adjust by turning "square bar" per the lippert manual

Or is there a way to align the slide first then tighten bolts up?

thanks,

Joe_A
Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_agogo
OK, given your observation, what would be the easiest way to remedy this?

Would it be to simply:

1. Find loose plate, and tighten bolts

2. Adjust by turning "square bar" per the lippert manual

Or is there a way to align the slide first then tighten bolts up?

thanks,

Joe_A

It appears like there is only one slip plate adjustment. My suggestion is to ensure that the mechanism is the same first. Then retract you bed slide fully in as directed by the manual.

Depending on which side the slide plate is on, will determine whether you'll follow the manual. If the plate is on the front side of thebed, then Ithink that you'll have to deviate slightly from the instructions.This is what I would do. If thebed isnot sealed on the slip plateside of the bed then I would attempt to rotate thedrivenplate side to move the bed in further, ensuring thatthe bedslide is in, tight and sealed. Then I'd tightened the slip plate bolts. I'd then drive the bed slide in and out to see if it's sealing in both directions. As an added check, I'd take a tape measure and measure the extended slide on the outside walls to determine if the slide is moving square.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK