Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have the CFL28CS Cruiser Air 5er,fortunately parked at home, completely level. I went to open up the slides (the one that has the couch and dining table) and after opening it 2/3 the way it popped and bangedthen stopped. I now have limited movement in both directions (maybe a couple inches) until the motors stop, and would like to get it closed in order to get to the dealer. I know the motor is jumping tracks but any ideas would be great!!

Dave, Ana & Knox
2008 Silverado 2500LTZ
2013 Cruiser Aire 28CS
Weekend Warriors
davec404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Have you tried to manually retract the slide. Somewhere you should have a manual crank that can be used to crank the slide in or out. My unit is an 07 so it could be different than yours but I have a small hole in the side of my camper on the opposite side of the slide near the bottom. You insert that crank in there and it will mate up with a rod that is attached to the mechanism and it can be used to crank the room. I would give that a try. I jus though of something else. You might look under the slide room and see if the rod that connects the drive side of the mechanism has broken and is not moving the slave side. That might allow the room to move in or out a small amount but then it binds and shuts off the motor. Hopefully this gives you a place to start.
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

If your main slide-out is a Schwintek type, with the upper and lower aluminum tracks on the side of the slide out, then you need to visit the Lippert web site and view their videos on this system, there is at least one covering operational problems. But it sounds like the two motors are out of sync. You can also Google Schwintek slide out mechanism and gets lots of info.
Edited by: Dayle1

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Pnr
Family Vacation Member

Schwintek slide systems suck. never heard anything good about them.

It takes a football team to move a big slide in or out, swintek needs a better way to move a broke slide in or out.

Muscle power isn't the best way in my opinion, especially when its you and the little woman tryin to move it.

Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I don't think the larger slides are Schwintek...just the smaller bedroom slides...the larger slides are all Lippert as far as I can tell, those can be reeled in with the tool provided. Good luck.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Schwintek is owned by Lippert and my super slide has the</span>Schwintek system.</span>
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

X2 on the video. Good luck. You may need someone to come out and help with getting it in - Lippert has reps that are on the "road" for items like this.

Take pictures and provide as much detail as you can to crossroads - my two contacts were:

Bill Stout bstout@crossroadsrv.com
Mark Quinn mquinn@crossroadsrv.com

Mark got the work started and Bill followed it to completion. I contacted crossroads and then the RV dealer. They are quick to respond to e-mails. Keep copies of all of the e-mails and forward them to the RV dealer that will be making the repairs.

Our side had issues until CR made a significant design change to the
bed room/wardrobe slide. The dealer replaced the complete system -
rails,motors and gears. There was not enough support under the bed (support rollers) and this caused un-even loading on the front and rear motors. This lead to failure of the front motor and top gear rail. Also, we had water damage due to poor sealing when the unit was built. The bed slide walls and bottom was replaced - the walls were falling in and the bottom had many cracks where the rollers made contact with it.

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447

I don't think the larger slides are Schwintek...just the smaller bedroom slides...the larger slides are all Lippert as far as I can tell, those can be reeled in with the tool provided. Good luck.

Jim

If you look at the pic, the rear curb slide out looks like a Schwintek system so it is likely that the street side one is also. At least that was my assumption. Besides better to have too much info than too little. OP can then decide which is appropriate for his unit.
Edited by: Dayle1

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote