Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
New Camper

Have a 2007 CF30SK that shakes pretty bad when someone is walkin around (or just shifting positions while sitting ).Thinking of trying slide jacks on the two large slides. I have read a lot of positive comments about these jacks but have also read a few comments that say these jacks will cause damage to the slide rails and should not be used--any thoughts?
Mike 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Site Team

From everything I've heard, you are not suppose to use jacks under your slide. If you are having to much shaking, I would suggest a set of stabilizers. I put them on ours and that eliminated pretty much all of the shaking. This is what I used.
http://www.plugitright.com/RVStabilizer.html
There are other one's out there and I'm sure you will get other opinions.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have a set of JT StrongArms on our CF30SK. They will stop the trailer movement caused by people moving around inside the trailer.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Mike:

Stabilizer bars will make a world of difference. I have the Eliminator system on my trailer. Lots of moving around before I did the installation. Great improvement afterward. There are several manufacturers and to the best of my knowledge all have good products. This is something that you can add yourself.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #5
jeb
Family Vacation Member

Do not use them. If your unit settles a little, it will be the body of the unit settling and not the slides or the jacks under them.

This will create an upward lift on the slides themselves and it could (actually, probably will) damage them.

Most slides are such that you don't walk on them anyway (think about it) so people walking around inside the trailer aren't shaking the slides, they're shaking the trailer itself so that's what you want to stabilize.

Make sure your rear stabilizers are properly adjusted. They are not designed to level the trailer, just to stabilize it once it's level.

Use roto-chocks or something similar to lock the wheels and keep them from moving. That will help reduce, if not eliminate, the shaking.

If that doesn't work, look into the JT stabilizers (or something similar). You may wish to try a kingpin stabilizer but there are mixed reviews out there on them. Some folks find that they help and others don't. I have one and don't use it because it didn't do anything.

2008 Chevy 2500 with Duramax/Allison

1 wife

3 cats

and a family of racoons.
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks folks--you have made my decision easy. No slide jacks. Have a kingpin stabilizer and will add some roto-chocks. If that does not do it I willadda Steadyfast (or something similiar) system.
Mike 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I have slide jacks and love them. I also have the step jacks and between those the movement Icouldn't stop with the wheel locks andstabilizingjacks is gone.The slide jacks are the last part of my setup whensetting up my TT for use, I put just enough tension on them to stand in place. People aresurprised how little movement there is with my TT. I still have a little front to back movement but that should stop when I install the stabilizing arms on my leveling jacks.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

I have the same rig as yours and I have tried both the slide jacks and JT strong stabilizers. There is no comparison.

I tried the slide jacks under my largest slide one season. I had them under the slide for 3 months while snowbirding in Az.They did reduce the movement in the trailer a lot. However even though I readjusted them a couple of times, they warped the leading edge of my slide floor. So when I brought the slide in the inner/leading edge of the slide floor was sticking up over an inch above the main trailer floor. It has subsequently settled back down to about 1/2 inch since I haven't used the jacks in 2 years.

I installed the JT strong stabilizers 2 years ago and they are great. They make the rig more stable than the slide jacks did and they are eazy to use andthey don't take up any space to store them. There are some cheaper JTknock offs out there and they look to be made just as well. I would have got one of them if I had known about them at the time. I also use BAL wheel chocks, but with the JT'S, I don't think they add much to the stability. They just keep the wheels from rolling away.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Any thought on if the Equal Flex suspension allows for some movement / rocking?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salda01
Any thought on if the Equal Flex suspension allows for some movement / rocking?

I don't think they would cause anymore movement orrocking than the standard equalizer part that they replace.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote