Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
New Camper

We have a 39RL Hampton with a 19' slide that leaked while out.

The RV dealership made a quick trip in November, before the snow fell. (Manitoba winter)
It turned out that the original dealership (we bought in Fargo and brought it up to Manitoba) did not do the needed slide alignment before shipment, and the slide was 2 inches to the right out of alignment. So when we opened and closed the slide, it would rub against the external rubber membrane and it ripped it.

So, they were able to shift the slide to the left (left as in, inside the trailer looking at the slide) but I still have outstanding work that needs to be done, and I need the correct terminology to go back to the dealership and confirm this work is going to be done in the spring.

Please correct me if any of my "Terminology" is wrong because this is what I am taking to the dealership.
Rubber membrane - outside rubber tubing that runs along the right side of trailer. (vertical)
Wood molding - Wood molding inside trailer that became water logged during leak.

Also, there is a rubber flap?? that runs the length of the top of the slide on the outside. When they aligned the slide they had to shift it up and down, and the flap does not cover the gap now, and needs to be replaced, and adjusted.

ratzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would also take some pictures of the parts that need replacing so they know exactly what they need to do the repairs. It sounds like they need to replace the slide seals on that slide and replace some of the interior slide wood trim.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Like Hunter11 suggested, a picture is worth a thousand words! The "flap" as you called it, I believe is referred to as the "wiper". It assists in wiping water, leaves, etc as the slide is retracted.

Bailey, the Lap Cocker Spaniel

07 Cruiser 30SK

07 Dodge CTD 5.9 3500 QC 4x4

https://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...andcamper2.jpg

&lt
Cobra909 is offline   Reply With Quote