Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

On two different fivers I've owned, the plastic support for the cables (electric, cable tv, etc.) under the slideouts have broken. Anyone have any innovative fixes for this? I repaired one on a previous RV with an old leather belt as a temporary solution but I'd like to have something a bit more "factory".
joemusic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Every one has broken now on my unit at least once. 2 I have got replaced already. Third one I used some zip ties to tidy it up and hold it all together. Now the 4th one busted. By the time I take my unit out in the spring my warranty will be up. I think I am going to call dealer or CR and order 2 more before its too late and put them on in the spring.
But I also was thinking what to do when warranty is up. The only thing I have come up with is using one of those kids toboggans called "crazy carpets". Seems to be a similar type of thing.
Hopefully some others here have some ideas too.

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

I had one replaced last year by CR. the replacement seemed to be much better quality. That said I just got done re attaching one end to make it a little shorter, making sure it was still long enough in the extended position. It doesn't bend quite as sharply now with the slide out in. Also raised the wiring harness away from the tire. Kingston 30SB street side slide
Old 10-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Had problems with the one for the main slide, it was binding and causing the slide-out skirting to "pop" when opening or closing. Also when closed, it was too close to the tires. i reversed the direction and adjusted it until there was better clearance. Just takes a lot of time to figure it out, but having the remote control made it a one-man job to watch the entire movement of the cable support.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

The issue I have is the wire guides, you would have to disconnect the wires to put the new guides on. When I replaced the main portion, I kept the old wire guides, which many have broken, so I fix those with wire ties.

I have also put a slice in a couple of new ones and then re-glued/taped the opening, not pretty but it works.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the input, gang.
joemusic321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
New Camper

I just discovered that I have the same issue with my Cruiser bumper pull. Had a look at neighbours Cougar, & they used a long tension type coil spring with the cable attached with Ty-raps. Any other ideas?
Iceburg is offline   Reply With Quote