Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
New Camper

Slide Topper

Hello,
I am very new to the RV community. I have been reading here for a couple of months and very much appreciate you all. I have been researching slide toppers and am wondering about putting a slide topper on the dining room slide out on my fifth wheel. It seems the awning is in the way. Curious what others have done or am I missing something? In case I have not filled all the forum areas out right I have a 2015 Cruiser 322RL.
Bill
Billmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I have one over my single slide. Some say yes some say no. I did a lot of research prior. I decided to because it was something that had some added benefit with little continual maintenance. It does not alleviate all the issues but it cuts them down.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmck View Post
Hello,
I am very new to the RV community. I have been reading here for a couple of months and very much appreciate you all. I have been researching slide toppers and am wondering about putting a slide topper on the dining room slide out on my fifth wheel. It seems the awning is in the way. Curious what others have done or am I missing something? In case I have not filled all the forum areas out right I have a 2015 Cruiser 322RL.
Bill
Do you have a photo of what you are referring to? I have the Sunset Trail 33BD and my awning is above the kitchen slide so I can't install a slide topper there, but the awning itself acts as a topper. I have toppers on the two street side slides.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

If the slide is under the awning, I'm not sure there is an advantage to a slide topper on that slide.

2014 Elevation 3616 5er
2015 F350 6.7L Diesel 4X4 - long bed, dually
Jerry Pinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks all for replying. My awning is attached to the slide. I doesn't seem there is enough room to attach the topper unless it can be reversed or something.
Billmck is offline   Reply With Quote