Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
New Camper

slide walls separate from floor

I see that a few other Crossroads owners have had similar problems of the walls and floor separating on the slide rooms.
1. will mfg stand by these issues and assist with repair?
2. Is there repair advice available ?

on another note; my roof peeled off while enrolee on Hwy 77 South through Ohio. So far nothing but lip service from Crossroads
firemanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome.

It would help a lot to know what year and model of camper you have.

If its out of warranty no they probably will not help.

As to the floor separating from the walls could you provide more details?
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:20 AM   #3
New Camper

Sidewalls separate from walls

I own a 2012 Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheel.my problem started with what appeared to be the outside skin material of our slide room coming out of the aluminium trim along the outside bottom of the slide.After having it repaired 4 or 5 times the real issue has shown itself. The floor of the slide has separated from the vertical side . As a result the floor has a tear in it and there is a gap 3/4" between the wall and floor.Now the issue is ,How to repair it and is this a mfg issue?
Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 AM   #4
New Camper

slide room separation

I am looking for advice and video on how to repair my slide room
Old 06-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanbob View Post
I own a 2012 Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheel.my problem started with what appeared to be the outside skin material of our slide room coming out of the aluminium trim along the outside bottom of the slide.After having it repaired 4 or 5 times the real issue has shown itself. The floor of the slide has separated from the vertical side . As a result the floor has a tear in it and there is a gap 3/4" between the wall and floor.Now the issue is ,How to repair it and is this a mfg issue?

I can't tell you how to repair it I've never experienced that problem with our rig. I do think a person would have to get it pulled back together and then a pretty wide piece of light angle put in place over the problem corner and glued and screwed down.

As far as it being a mfg. issue, it might be. Simply because they didn't make it strong enough to withstand all that happens to it.
Myself, I think the floor in the slides get busted out like that from people using the slide when it's retracted. I can't prove or verify that. I just know of different ones here on the forum over the years that said they had it happen to them.

So far we have been lucky maybe? I don't know. I just know that when I first heard of the issue I made a set of boards that I place under the leading edge of the slide when its retracted. Like I stated previously, we do use our slide when it's retracted, and so far no problems.
Knock on wood!! Don't want to jinx myself.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #6
Site Team

There are a lot of video's on YouTube on replacing the slide floor. Check them out and see if it is something you are comfortable doing. Some remove the whole slide and some have replaced the floor with the slide still in the camper. Either way it looks like a big job. On a side note if you have a shop do the repair they like to do jobs like this in the winter time when they aren't very busy.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Possibly caused by running the slide out too firmly on the stops? The slide is powered through the outside wall and stopped by the flange on the inside.

I watch ours and quit when it hits the seals on the inside.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
New Camper

We had a blowout that exposed a manufacturing problem on our 2015 5th wheel Cruiser slide on the driver's side. None of the eleven lag bolts that fastened the slide wall to the floor were actually connected to the wall. The attached photo shows five of the lags totally exposed and not in the slide wall. Had it not been for the blowout we would have never known of the manufacturing defect. Crossroads did cover the repair to properly install the eleven lag bolts to the wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EMANS 2015 Crossroad Cruiser 004.JPG (96.2 KB, 27 views)
Anderson Hitch
JW-DJhappyduo is offline   Reply With Quote