Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slideout interior paneling coming unglued

Just purchased a 2017 Sunset Trail 254RB. Once we got it home from the dealer, I noticed the rubber type paneling on the interior of the slideout seemed to be coming unglued. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'll be contacting the dealer, but we are planning on using it here soon, so I hate to transport it back (almost 2hrs away) just so they can keep it there for 3 weeks and glue it back. I purchased some adhesive that I think I can repair it with, as long as the dealer gives me approval to do so without it affecting my warranty.

I'll try posting pics of the issue. COMMENTS or SUGGESTIONS? Thanks!

Tad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0337.jpg (214.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0331.jpg (219.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0346.jpg (178.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.jpg (203.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0336.jpg (227.4 KB, 9 views)
ssnova1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Be very careful if you do glue it yourself. Some of those panel glues will cause a "burn through" that you can see from the other side. If the glue doesn't say it won't show "Burn through" then don't use it. Use a glue for shower surrounds that specifically states this.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:02 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Be very careful if you do glue it yourself. Some of those panel glues will cause a "burn through" that you can see from the other side. If the glue doesn't say it won't show "Burn through" then don't use it. Use a glue for shower surrounds that specifically states this.
Thanks for the heads up! I read the adhesive label and it says nothing about burn through...so I'll be returning it to Menards in the morning! Haha! I dont want to take any chances! Ill call the dealer in the morning and see what they have to say. Kinda upsetting...it hasnt even been used yet. ��

I also mentioned in the original post that I thought the wall panel was a rubber type material. After closer observation, its definitely the typical partical board wall panel.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

You should able to do any/all repairs yourself without fear of affecting the warranty, in 99.9% of the time you can/will do a MUCH better job due to fact you care how it will turn out, they don't.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
Site Team

Plus, how will they know the difference unless you tell them.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:34 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Plus, how will they know the difference unless you tell them.
This is true! Lol
Old 06-22-2017, 06:34 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I agree with all the comments above...Most often you'll have it fixed much faster and probably better quality of repair than with the dealer especially with something so minute.

I am at work but when I get home I will check our 289qb slide...it has the same paneling as yours.
tott9713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
You should able to do any/all repairs yourself without fear of affecting the warranty, in 99.9% of the time you can/will do a MUCH better job due to fact you care how it will turn out, they don't.
Yea you are right about that! Not to mention they would probably have it sit there for weeks before they rush to fix it. I found some Liquid Nails brand Panel adhesive online. I may order a tube and try that. I cant find any at Lowes or Menards. ��

Tags
loose, paneling, slide out, unglued