Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Guy
New Camper

We have bought a new cruiser cf32bl in april. Getting back from our first trip to Cape Cod Mass, I've noticed whenthe living room slide was in that the slide wall is separating from the slide floor.We've been paying a lotof attention to our fiver and finding out something like that is pretty upsetting.
Is this something that happens alot?
Could the living room chair was pressing on the floor while the slide was in?
Can it be fix?
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You bought it new in April, take it back to the dealer or the Crossroads repair facility and have it fixed under the warranty. This should not be normal.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
Guy
New Camper

Yes, I've already madean apt with a local dealer.
Thank you!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

When we were at the factory earlier this year to have some work done Randy mentioned to us "Don't step on the carpeted floor of the living room slide when it's in it will cause the floor to pull away from the wall". After he said that I looked closely at it and I certainly can see how that's possible. I'm now extremely careful not to step on the slide floor when it's pulled in.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

That is an issue that should not happen. Surely they can attach the floor to the wall so that it doesn't pull apart when stepped on.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
Guy
New Camper

I've read a lot of stories with similar problems but we've never walked on the slide while inside.I haven't heard if this is something that can be fix...
The only thing I can think is that the living room chair was partly on the carpeted floor. Could that be it??
Old 09-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy

I've read a lot of stories with similar problems but we've never walked on the slide while inside.I haven't heard if this is something that can be fix...
The only thing I can think is that the living room chair was partly on the carpeted floor. Could that be it??
The slide on our rig has the dinette and a sofa sitting on the floor and it hasn't busted loose -- yet.
We also use our dinette with the slide in. I have a strip of 3/4" board cut that I slip under the front edge after we bring the slide in. I feel if the front is supported with the board, then it should be the same as when it goes back out and the front sits back down on the floor.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Old Farmer, yo da man!! That's exactly the problem and you nailed a perfect fix. That's a heck of a lot better than me tip toeing on the tiny strip oflinoleumthat is between the kitchen slide and the dining/couch slide. I'm going to go find some 3/4" wood and keep it in the trailer. Now the only problem will be to remember to remove it when I put the slides out.< id="Siber_1" ="applicati&#111;n/rf-np-plugin" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; : fixed; display: block; ">

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Put a brightly colored paper next to the slide switch---that says "BOARDS"
Cut one side of the boards at a 45 so it starts in easier.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I'm having the same problem with my '13 st25rb that I just bought . Have never been told by anyone not to step on the carpet when slide is in . how many other companys say that ?I figure there must be some rollers missing underneath . From what I have read here about the quality of these crossroads , there has to be some improvement ...

I have put in a call to Randy last week , but no response yet. And my dealer says they have never heard of my problem ....yeah right.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Guy
New Camper

Hi,
When it happened last year to my 2011 cf32bl, I brought it back to the dealer and no questions asked, they fixed it on the warranty. They made me 2 small wooden wedges with carpet on one side to put under each corners of the slide when travelling. We travelled around 3000kms this summer with the FW and no problems with the slide.

Guy

Old 10-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

but we shouldn't have to do this ...annd a piece of wood?What if we forget just one time......how many older fifths and TT's are out there and they have no problem .something has changed and we are the guineas pigs.

I'd like to see how they build them ....maybe should have done this before i bought...

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

I think that this is standard on all slides. When we started looking a good sales person told us to stay off of the slide floor while in. because they come up and there is no support under the edges

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

On my cruiser 2006 30 just found the wall is separated from the floor on the table-sofa extension . The problem is the shoddy construction. If I worked like that I would not post on the wall "Proudly made in USA". The ploblem is as follows; the floor is screwed to the alu framing from the top, beforethe finition is put on. the only screw I can see on 10 inches of separation protrudes from the bottom of the alu of the wall for approx a half inch in PRESSED WOOD panel roughly three quarter of an inch thick, no wonder it does'nt hold. Two ways to fix that. One, remove the alu strip from the outside of the extension on the lower section of the wall, remove the rigid 8 inch wide thick plastic which glides , screw from the bottom up 1 1/4 inch screws into the alu framing bottom tube ,cover the heads with caulking, put back the thick plastic corner cover ,screw back the alu white strip and caulk. Second way, untack the carpet 2 inches wide on the inside floor install a alu angle 1 inch by 1 inch on the corner of he wall and floor, screw with 7/8 or three quarter inch screws in the floor and in he wall , replace the carpet and caulk the exterior strip. Remember not to spare the screws b ecause they are screwed in pressed wood. t would be so simple to build it good right on the beginning.
denism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

[QUOTE=Old Farmer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
We also use our dinette with the slide in. I have a strip of 3/4" board cut that I slip under the front edge after we bring the slide in. I feel if the front is supported with the board, then it should be the same as when it goes back out and the front sits back down on the floor.
Lloyd -- Do you just have a small piece of 3/4" under each corner of the slide,or do you have longer pieces alone the whole lenght of the slide??? I also have a kitchen slide. Would you use them under it also???
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
Weekend Camper

Sorry for the dumb question are we talking not stepping on the floor of the slideout box itself or on that 12"piece of transition carpet. I'm assuming the box. I know I was never told about that on my 2012.

Brian
Badwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

I was told NOT to step on the slide floor or transition when the slide is in. In a towable, the difference in construction is very obvious after having a motorhome. In my Cruiser, the floor was basically a lightly framed piece of substrate, wrapped with a Darco wrap with an added leading edge to allow it to sit flush when extended. On my motorhome, the floor is a fully laminated 2" thick structure made of the same material the walls are. When the slide is in for the motorhome, it can be walked on or sat on (couch is on slide).Under the slide are roller supports that bear weight when people walk or sit on the slide.

Hope your repairs go well.
Edited by: mwebber78
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #18
Site Team

[QUOTE=sleepyT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
Lloyd -- Do you just have a small piece of 3/4" under each corner of the slide,or do you have longer pieces alone the whole lenght of the slide??? I also have a kitchen slide. Would you use them under it also???
I have a couple pieces that are just about the same length as the slide.
We stop for lunch when traveling and it's nice to be able to sit down at the dinette while eating.
Whether my system is right or wrong, who's to say.------I've used it for as long as we've owned the rig with out any issues. Like I said previously, the couch and dinette with fully loaded drawers under it ride on that slide so I can't see any reason we can't sit their and eat when it's supported in front. That's where it's supported when it's out.
We are very careful and mindful not to step close to the walls at "any" time.
CR use to advertize all plywood floors. That's not totally true the floors in the slide are OSB or some POS material similar to it.
As far as your kitchen slide, I can't answer that. I'm not at all familiar with that model.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:46 AM   #19
Weekend Camper

I have owned many different models of trailers, 5th wheels, and motorhomes and have never heard of this issue. I will be making up spacers for support on all my slides for the my new Rushmore. I appreciate all the ideas and solutions presented on this site. I will also contact my dealer to see what his response will be to this issue. Wait!!!!!!!!!!! I already know the answer, "I have never heard of that before", the standard answer to all issues.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:53 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Lloyd -- Thanks for the reply. I have been following your posts since I have belonged to the forum, and you always seem to have great suggestions, and solutions. Thanks again.
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote