Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

On my 30 sk the kitchen slides extends too far.The kitchen actually sinks in to the pan a little.We are worried that it lacks support in the center and may cause a bow in the floor over time.then on the other side the slide does not go far enough out for the bevel to fully engage the floor causing the floor to lift a little when fully extended.I have the lippert slide manual from this link.
http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/Sl...ideout-Web.pdf
Its apparent to me that they work in unison with each other and an adjustment in on the slide will require an adjustment out on the stop can and visa versa.I am thinking I do not want my trailer in the shop in the middle of the season. We dont want to lose an opportunity to go camping.
Here is a picture of the dining room slide it does not look like much for height but feels like 1/2 inch when you step on it.Even though its only 1/4 up

Here is a picture of the kitchen slide going to far

you can see the drop in the carpet here

we manually adjust this slide to not go out to far with the switch when we set up here is where we think they should be and it feels right when you step on it

I dont know maybe I'll let it wait till fall however We brought up the slides to the tech on our pdi and he said "oh thats just the way they make em".However after reading some of the posts on slides and such we are better informed now.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I get mine back from the annual inspection soon and will look at mine and post a reply again. How do your seals look when the slides are out (from inside the rig)? Is the kitchen slide seal squeezed against the wall? Is there a gap on the dinette slide? Seems to me the seals should hit the wall at about the same time.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I would contact my dealer immediately for adjustments of the slides. You don't want to have any damage to the slide floors from not being properly supported. If dealer doesn't agree to do something quickly I would call Randy Mischler at the factory and have them find you a dealer that will work with you. It's a new trailer and you shouldn't have to take chances with it, especially since you pointed out the problem during the PDI.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

seals are good on the outside now.There was some room on the idler.The kitchen seals good but the dining room has a gap on top and bottom corners.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Mapachoo...I got my rig back and looked at the slides. Both of mine are exactly the same when extended. The slide floor drops into the first "well" of the tray. My slide carpet lays flat on top of the floor carpet. Another way of phrasing it is that the black slide floor is flush with the black tray under it (ir doesn't stick up at all). I hope my explanation is clear. It looks to me like your assessment of a problem is correct butI am not sure if it's atravel issue or a tilting issue. It may be a pain in the rear for you to take the unit into the dealer, but stepping on the slide when the floor is sticking up is not a good idea IMHO.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote