Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Need input, hav anyone ever use the Never Fail Busings in there TT, I need to replace my on the spring leaf the dealer recomend the neverfail bishings insted if the wet bolt.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Trini,
This subject has been discussed on this forum in great length. Try doing a search on "bushings" or "wet bolt" and see if that helps you. Good luck.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I would rather use the bronze greaseable bushings that come with the wetbolt kit.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I have had the never fail for a year. Would need to wait a few more years before I could really tell you. But they seem to have a great track record from what I researched.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

TomorrowI aminstalling never fail bushings. I work on heavy equipment and we use bushings made from the same material and they hold up really well. We used the brass bushing in the past and they did not hold up nearly as well. I don't have a doubt that these bushings are the way to go.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

After I removed tires and removed bolts from springs I found the eyes in the springs where the bushings go were worn to the point of having to replace all four springs. Holes were oblonged really bad that the new bushings just fell thru. I but the Never Fail bushings in the ends of the new springs and had one started crooked. Had to beat it out with a hammer and screwdriver and it did not chip, crack or even get a mark on the bushing. I was impressed. We use our cruiser maybe 4 times a year and the springs are already shot.When I took theold onesoffchina was printed on them. So much for quality.I bought new springs for 25.00 a piece so the cost of replacing was not bad.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Where did you purchase your new springs?
2000 Ram 2500
https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54589c14.jpg
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by malojeer
After I removed tires and removed bolts from springs I found the eyes in the springs where the bushings go were worn to the point of having to replace all four springs. Holes were oblonged really bad that the new bushings just fell thru. I but the Never Fail bushings in the ends of the new springs and had one started crooked. Had to beat it out with a hammer and screwdriver and it did not chip, crack or even get a mark on the bushing. I was impressed. We use our cruiser maybe 4 times a year and the springs are already shot.When I took theold onesoffchina was printed on them. So much for quality.I bought new springs for 25.00 a piece so the cost of replacing was not bad.
Do you think if you would have had the grease able bushings, that it might have saved the springs?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I doubt it. Brass or bronze bushings are very pliable. They may have lasted longer but I think the never fail bushings are the way to go. I failed to mention both my Equa Flexes need to be replaced, the top hubs weld is cracked all the way around. The bushings are also completely worn out. In the new equa flex I will install grease bolts if they come with brass bushings. I will check axle alignment after completing the job. It really stinks the quality of the suspension on these frames. I have no doubt that the axles are out of alignment because of the trouble of installing the bolts in the springs. It seems the hangers are not in line with the frame.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

I purchased the springslocally at a trailer sales place. You can purchase them for the same price from Etrailer.com on the internet
Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by malojeer

I purchased the springsĀ*locally at a trailer sales place. You can purchase them for the same price from Etrailer.com on the internet
Thanks for the info!!
2000 Ram 2500
https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54589c14.jpg
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I installed the equa flexes with wet bolts and never fail bushing with non greasable bolts. Go to Cruiser section I downloaded a picture.