Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
New Camper

Still Leaking

I just purchased this camper from the Statesville Camping World this past Wednesday and was assured by they sales manager that there was never really any leak. Well it is still leaking after the rain we had today. Does any one know if the warranty actually does not transfer? CW said that that it did not but this seems odd considering the camper is practically still brand new.
NC_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum! Sorry your having problems already. I don't know if Crossroads warranty is transferable, but I've heard of dealers taking care of issues that present themselves quickly after sale. Since you just purchased it, and they reassured you there was no leak, then they should either repair it or buy your trailer back.

Many dealers will tell you anything to make a sale.

Also, it would help others to make suggestions if you include your make model and year of your trailer, and more precise description of what's occurring with your leak. Good luck!
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:00 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

What year and make is the unit. I would take it back and personally show them and I sit they make repairs since they assured you it was leak free.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Since you received assurances from the seller that it did not leak, a last resort might be to contact a lawyer. Unless the Bill of Sale states to the contrary, you have the reasonable expectation of Fitness of Purpose. If the camper is leaking during a rain, it is unfit for the purpose intended. There could also be the issue of Guaranty of Merchantability. You would have the expectation that the trailer should perform as intended. If the Bill of Sale states "As Is or Where Is", it will be more difficult. Good luck with CW.
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab V8 5.7 Ltr Limited
cubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

on a used unit and with CW - sorry, but you probably have very little recourse...
you might post on rv.net which is GOOD Sams website, but.....

Where is it leaking ?
if around the edges of the roof ac, it might be as simple as pulling the inside shroud off and tightening the hold down screws a bit... not too tight though
Old 07-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #6
New Camper

Sorry I was pretty ticked off when I posted. The camper is the same camper the OP started this discussion on. He traded it in and CW told me a bunch of lies about how it was never leaking etc. Leaking is in the same spot as described by the OP.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

2016 Palomino BackPack MAX HS 2902
Old 07-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
New Camper

Thought I was replying to this thread did not mean to start a new one

Woops.

Meant to for my original post to be a reply to this thread. Didn't mean to start a new one. I guess that what I get for doing it on my phone.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...r-12898-2.html