Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
We had the same problem on our 04 Crossroads Silverado. Â*We took it to All Wheel Alignment in Redding CA and they re-aligned it. Â*We have traveled 15000 miles since without a problem. Â*Since our trailer is 40 feet in length we had to find an alignment shop that could do semi tractor trailers. Â*It cost us $125.00 By far the quickest and most painless fix.
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

Well, I called CrossRoads and was told the Rep for Virginia was off for a week. I was told to call Lippert as I had previously had an axle replaced due to tire problems and have had the front of my frame fail due to crap steel. I asked to speak to someone else and was told no one was available. I said not acceptable. I was sent to a voicemail box and left a message. I called Lippert who said the tires were CrossRoads problems but I

could leave a message and the rep would call me back. No callback. I found a company where I was who had three tires in stock. I put out about $400 and I'm still waiting. I started calling again a week later after not receiving a call back and was pretty upset. I was told again that the VA rep was off for a week. I said I needed to speak to a human today. I spoke to the same person I had left a message for who said I hadn't left a message. After we discussed that we moved no to my problems with them and Lippert. I was assured that Lippert would call me that day. Later I recieved a call from Lippert who said they would send a tech. The tech who came out was helpful and replaced the center axle. My second new axle. He measured everything and said it was all in spec. Well, I went to Bristol, VA this weekend and we stopped at the Camping World in Roanoke, VA to sleep overnight. Since I had been having so many tire problems and damage to the RV from them, I purchased a tire monitoring system. Well, I can say, it works. On the way home, the driver's side tire on the axle that was replaced went to crap. Now I have no more tires left and am considering either switching to Maxxis E rated ST tires or going to the LT tires that lots of people are using now. I can't upgrade to 16 tires as I don't have any extra room in the wheel wells and the springs are not height adjustable with the Equa-Flex suspension on my unit. I can't be destroying tires every trip and this needs to be fixed. Anybody have any suggestions besides the fact that I'll be calling CrossRoads again tomorrow to raise more heck...

CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
Family Vacation Member

I would have talked to a lawyer by now.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

I still don't know why we have to deal with Lippert when we bought from Crossroads. This is a lot like buying a car from GM and having to go toToyota to get it fixed.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

I think I would take it to good Truck and Trailer Alignment shop, and see exactly what is going on

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

I do know that this will probably be the last trailer we own with a Lippert frame. Their quality shows no signs of improvement.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Well, if I had the money for a lawyer I would have sold the unit and bought something else. I'm on a fixed income and barely have enough money to drive the trailer around to the events I work at. I just want it fixed.

CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote