Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

I saw the idea on modmyrv.com. I then priced some commercial sound absorbing material (as recommended by that mod) and thought it was a bit pricey so I ended up going to Walmart and bought for $10 a single bed egg createmattress. That and a tube of "LiquidNail" from Home Depot and the rest was simply measuring, cutting, applying glue and installing. I also placed a small piece on the inside of the grill (so as not to restrict air flow) and viola, my nephew came in from hunting this weekend (hunt camp weekend) and said the sound was significantly reduced from the furnace. I checked the temperature in the install area and it is not significant and the material is attached to the side walls, ceiling and floor in front of the heating unit (not touching the furnace at any place). The entire project took about 20 minutes while watching football andsippinga cold adult beverage. Hope thisdescriptionhelp.

P.S. I also used some of the leftover mattress to deaden the sound of the water pump area.

Preston, Retired Army (1995}

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

RCRetiree- Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a simple install. Can you get access to the furnace area ust by removing the intake grill on the inside?
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

Yes, that is the way to access the walls surrounding the furnace box that holds the blower (which is what is making the noise).

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

When ordering my trailer I was a little frustrated with the website, not up to date, and my dealer did not have the latest info. The CF31RE is now available in the Patriot package, not listed on the website, there is a new floor plan available in the Cruiser line, again, not listed on the website. News flash Crossroads, the internet is now the number 1 source of info and research for consumers.

2006 Chevy Duramax

2006 Malibu Vride
canacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I agree -

It use to be the net' provided a rough starting pointfor people to shop. There are many, many RV buyers that no longer visit a dealership until they have already decided and are ordering or in RVDirect.com/RVWHolesalers.com simply doing a PDI/pickup!

Perhaps CR doesn't want to step on their dealers feet by providing "too much" information? I don't think that will work well for them. They really should update frequently.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Lots of great suggestions...I especially love the idea of insulating the floor above the pass-thru (in the 31QB that is the kids room and that floor gets COLD). Another very simply and popular mod is making the panel to the water pump hinged for easier access...just don't understand why this panel is installed with 4 screws through the front. Also, would like to see a better couch/sleeper set up�in our model, the infatable sofa bed doesn't really fit. A rod or hydrolic arms to hold up the bed while you pack under it...unless you don't mind using your head!

It's great that CR isinterested in our feedback...Overall, we are very happy with our Cruiser!

2003 F250 PSD

Central Jersey
JerseyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

Regarding the 4 screws holding the panel to the water pump, I was told when I asked this question on the factory tour that it was a "Code" issue but that many owners modify this as they are not limited to building codes. This would also apply to the panel in front of the water heater for access to the bypass valves. I just tookVelcroto attach the panel and then put matching knobs at the top of each panel to provide easy access.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

I spoke with the President of CR in June and he said that doors would be used instead of the panel due to the number of comments from owners. However my dealer had to order two matching doors from the factory and he installed them.
2009 F-150XLT
Old 12-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #29
Family Vacation Member

I suggest Crossroads add sliders to the large heavy draws under the dining room seats in the Zinger. They're too hard to slide out, wood on wood, even if there was something larger than the little knob to pull on. Waxing the bottom of the draws helped, but not much.

2008 ZT19RD

~~~~~~~~~~
RanCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #30
Family Vacation Member

and a heat duct and vent in the stool room.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #31
Full Time Camper

Agreed, I almost think the heat in the bathroom is a worth while mod.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #32
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
Just saw a video about the level up automatic hydraulic leveling system for 5vers and trailers made by Trailair. I also looked into the electric model by Bigfoot. It seems like a really nice option and I for one would be willing to fork over extra $s to get one on my next new 5ver which will definately be a Crossroads!!!!!!!

2003 Beaver Marquis

formerly 2004 Silverado

two ragdolls, Flash and Bandit
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

Great idea - I see Open Range has made this a option on their products. The Open Range products really seem to be pushing the envelope of features on a mid-profile unit.

Hope Crossroads stays ontop of the market and offers this system.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #34
New Camper

yea, it's a must to add dropping leaf or extension to dining table in Cruiser. What a famely with 2 kids can do on a so small table,worst when raining. Dropping shelves for RL model will not be a luxury.
Bad Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #35
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Eddy
yea, it's a must to add dropping leaf or extension to dining table in Cruiser. What a famely with 2 kids can do on a so small table,worst when raining. Dropping shelves for RL model will not be a luxury.
I exchanged the dinning table with P.P that has an extension.

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Mountaineer has a table top that swivels and has an extension. Would be nice to know about exchanging furniture before the purchase. Just neverknew that was a possibility. Even with two of us, a larger or expandable table would be handy.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #37
Full Time Camper

sure, sure....the factory does all those mods, you have nothing to do and the wife is angry because you are under foot.

ok, ok, most of the ideas are very good....leaves more time address the "honey do" listor sit back with an adult beverage
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #38
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshula
*Plexiglas on the wall paper around the stove in the kitchen.
Go to Home Depot, in the kitchen cabinet section, and look at their replica ceiling "tins."

They come in a variety of colors, are not terribly expensive, and can be attached with double face tape. I suppose one could also use velcro, which would allow removal andcleaning, and allow you to put them right back with no problems.
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 AM   #39
Full Time Camper

I think the table upgrade is a great idea. Glad I didn't order it in mine as I would have been terribly disappointed to pay for an upgrade that is simply a pedistal table!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #40
Full Time Camper

We have a CTX29RL. I would liketo have a four step entrance step,the standard three step is not enough. The living area has four ceiling lights it would beconvenient iftwo lights were on a switch by the entrance and two lights on a switch at the other end of the living room or have the lights on a three way switch at either end.

CR is going to be at the Tampa RV show in January with 21 units.
2009 F-150XLT