Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Hi, Question. When dumping tanks if you dump your Black and leave the valve open then before you open your Grey you hold your sewer hose high will this force grey water into the black holding tank?

My sani- flush seems to leak more water then goes into the black tank for rinsing. Local dealer says it is doing the job however I cannot believe it is ok to leak so much water how can there beeffectivepressure.

I know this is a regular complaint so I was thinking forcing the grey back by preventing gravity flow may work. OfcourseI would leave the end connected to the sewer Am I on the right track what do you think? Thanks for any input or info.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If all tanks are drained via the same drain and the hose is shut off then it guess it would equal out and some gray water would run into the black tank. But holding the hose high enough would be risky and then once you have waste in the hose getting into the drain with out making a mess. I would not do that ... however, they do have a shutoff valve at CW you could attach between the drain and hose. Shut that and equalize the tanks guess that might work. But if you are just wanting to flush the black I would put a garden hose down the toilet would work better.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree with GnD. Messing with the full hose is asking for trouble. Where is your flush hose leaking? It should not leak at all. Use the flush hose or a garden hose as suggested and leave the drain hose alone.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Hi Thanks But wait my flush hose is notleaking. .it is the connection to the sani flushthatleaks. I read something about this on a boondocking web site so I wanted to verify that info elevating the waste hose. I appreciate your input. Thanks Al
Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Hi thanks folks. I can investigate some new ideas. Thanks for the input!!Happy trails Al & Laura
Old 08-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Had a similar leak withthe sani-flushon our first TT. Discovered a fitting popped off one of the connections, probably one of the times I didn't use a pressure regulator.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

"Hi, Question. When dumping tanks if you dump your Black and leave the valve open then before you open your Grey you hold your sewer hose high will this force grey water into the black holding tank?"

My 2010 cruiser has a valve a few inches from cap. This can be closed after the black tank is drained and by opening the grey valves, I can get grey water into the black tank for additional flushing.

Could be a fun scene(for someone watching!) the way you propose.
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Hi Thanks I did mention that the hose wouldremainconnected to the sewer, I would not raise the end of the hose. Did you install that valve? Idon'tbelieve it is standard.
I'll investigate this it makes sense. Thanks It was mentioned above by Geondebi that CW has such a valve.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

I was tired of taking off the cap and the gamble of what was going to come out. Sometimes valves leak and sometimes they do not. Since new I had this problem and after being blue in the face I bought this twist on valve and it is on all the time. After that it was a sure thing I was not going to get anything out the cap. In your case it would be a way to shutoff the drain to the hose. I have an 05 PP and I have had the cover off and noticed the tanks are close together. I am also guessing you may have a valve for galley and gray (shower) so you might be able to get a second wash.

Here is a link to the valve I have must tell you it was the best 23 dollars I have spent.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/twist-on-valve/27868

Old 08-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Hi geondebi. Thanks for the info and the link. I just ordered the twist on valve. I believe this will be an easy and practical solution. Hopefully I will figure out the Sani-Flush connection problem.
Once again the CR forum proves to be a wonderful resource. Thanks to all who responded.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #11
New Camper

I have the same issue with my trailer. My sani flush connection leaks like a sieve.
The technician at Crossroads told me that the hose likely popped off the black tank either during delivery to the dealer or while i delivered it to its permanent site. Our 29SS is at a permanent site and I need a better way to flush the black tank out! It looks like it would be a huge deal to take the plastic bottom liner down to try to re-connect this hose. I believe if it were connected, it would do a dandy job cleaning and flushing the tank
Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Al,

When we first got our PP I came across this site and have had a wealth of info. I have learned so much here and now happy I know a little that I can help too.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

"I just ordered the twist on valve."

I think that you will like it. Bought mine used in Nov. 11. Mine is not a twist on but I was going to add one anyway. Should be standard.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

Hey George. It sure is, I really enjoy that I get greatresponseevery time I post a question. Secondly what you can learn just by participating here is amazing. Kudosto all the great contributors.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
New Camper

We just purchased a CR Hill Country in October 2012. The first time we tried to use the santi-flush (which was a huge selling point in our purchase) it leaked all over the place. Because we're staying at a site that is no where near a CR dealer, CR said we could pay someone to fix it and they would reimburse us.

First, has anyone had good luck with getting reimbursed from CR?

Second, because we can't do the santi-flush I have tried running a garden hose down the toilet, multiple cleansers I've seen suggested, and just filling the black tank to the top and letting it sit for hours and it seems like nothing is getting our levels below 2/3 full on our indicator lights. Any other suggestions?
Budgirl820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

"Second, because we can't do the santi-flush I have tried running a garden hose down the toilet, multiple cleansers I've seen suggested, and just filling the black tank to the top and letting it sit for hours and it seems like nothing is getting our levels below 2/3 full on our indicator lights. Any other suggestions?"

Yes, get used to it.

I know, bad answer but even with the sani-flush, there is no guarantee that it will work right.

There are those who "have the answer" but the last thing I worry is what the gauge shows on the monitor. I know the 2 of us can't fill it in 2 weeks. I always worried about not getting enough into it for a good flush.

You may want to check out the See-Level system. Might be for you.

Not trying to insult your intelligence but you do know that "getting our levels below 2/3 full on our indicator lights" is, of course, your sensors and not your tank.

Hope you get it fixed!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
Full Time Camper

Sounds like you have a problem with the inlet on the santi-flush, had the same issue had it reparied at CR we were on a trip and went to the factory. I had a couple of minor issues taken care of at my dealer they billed CR.
Had the same issue on the monitors, check out the GEO method. https://sites.google.com/site/<wbr>cbruni/ It worked great for us. If possible take a ride wit 3/4 full black tank. We use this method as an option to harsh chemicals. Avoid heavy tissue use and definately use RV paper. Good luck
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Family Vacation Member

Pour a bag of ice down the toilet right before you start driving. It will slosh around and break up solids.

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH
TrainSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

Good Morning AL,
I have had our SAN-T-FLUSH completely apart and modified it. I cannot be certain of your configuration but this is how ours worked.
Fresh water enters at the fitting on the RV's utility panel and travels through a hose connected to the rear of that fitting to the vacuum breaker/ check valve assembly and then down to thespray nozzle ontheblack water tank. For some unknown reason there was a splice connection in the hose between the utility panel and the vacuum breaker / check valve assembly. (probably where the vacuum breaker would normaly be located)
The pipe clamps that are used on this splicedo not apply even pressure around the hose and therefore leak or pop off. Our splice has been corrected by installing a regular garden hose connection with its associated clamps.
WARNING: If thehose running from the vacuum breaker/ check valve assembly is open then you will have black water flowing from your tank onto the topof the belly liner. Because many of these nozzles are attached to a black water tank drain then they become clogged withliquid toilet paper and once they set then it requires disassembly. It is messy work! This spring I may bereplacing the nozzle with a Tornado and moving it to the top of the tank where it belongs. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-T...Rinser/7964402
AND I do not understand why the vac breaker / check valve is located in the living area under the bathroom sink, where a leak would really be upsetting to the DW; (that is a bad situation). I moved ours to just behind the utility hook up panel and as high as possible. It is still above the tank and in a warm area.
Hope this is helpfull. If you do need to drop the belly liner and need to re-enforce or repairthe linerthenuse Gorrila Tape and use a heat gun to bond it to the liner.
Edited by: Kamper Dave