Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Technical Service Bulletin - Christian Please Note

We were talking to the manager at the dealership that does our repairs. We told him about this thread:

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...e-10625-4.html

and what one of the posters (JRen) said about the slide locks. The manger said that Crossroads should circulate "Technical Service Bulletins" to their dealer network about issues that have come up with other trailers and how these items were fixed. This would make it easier for the dealers to diagnose problems or even look for issues that might be common on certain models.

He felt that perhaps the slide is moving during transit, which could have caused the teeth to break, making the two problems related.

Christian, you may want to pass this along to the people who would responsible for such a thing. Communication is a good thing. People can learn from others.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

It amazes me that dealers (car\truck\rv) arent more involved in these forums. Even just lurking to read up on issues and find solutions for the next model seems to make sense. But, they dont seem to do so.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:38 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Perhaps they don't have time. It is very time consuming to go through all these posts and try to try to glean something from them. People like Christian are paid to do it.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:15 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

That is a fantastic idea- I love it! I actually met with our head of engineering yesterday, and we discussed (at length) some ways that we are going to reach out to our dealer techs and hear feedback on our products and the repairs we do. I will pass this thread on to him, and see what steps need to be taken in getting it addressed.

SO, perfect timing with this post!

In response to Burgy, I would venture to say that some manufacturers don't have time, or don't know that there is a need to connect with the owners of the products via social media (facebook, the forums, etc). I would also venture to say that others are not concerned with the feedback, and have no desire to connect with the customer- which is an unfortunate mindset.

Though we haven't perfected the process yet, CrossRoads' is trying it's very best to utilize ways to communicate with our owner body in every way possible. Because the feedback is valuable!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Thanks, Christian, at least some people are listening!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

You have to remember that there are still some owners with NO internet and rely on actually talking to a dealer...
Dealers have to know of fixes , but what about the dealers that have a product for 2 years then switch to another company cause there is more profit in the new one.? They would not care about the original product.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
You have to remember that there are still some owners with NO internet and rely on actually talking to a dealer...
Dealers have to know of fixes , but what about the dealers that have a product for 2 years then switch to another company cause there is more profit in the new one.? They would not care about the original product.

Well said, and very true.
I have seen the exact same thing with my dealer. He discontinued the CR line after a couple years.
There is no loyalty there. They go with the company that happens to be giving the best deal this year.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote