Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

has anyone experienced this?
My Sansui TV in my sunset trail has a red standby led, but will not turn on. I have tried the remote and the actual power button, but nothing the light will not turn green and I can not get the tv to turn on

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Had the same problem with the same brand. Unplug the tv and let it set awhile, mine sat 2 weeks before it would reset and turn on. According to my dealer, Sansui says that if an error occurs, it has to be reset and the only way to do that is to unplug and let it set.
Hensley Arrow
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

That worked. un mounted the Tv and let it sit inside the house overnight unplugged. almost 24 hrs. plugged it in and it turned on. Thank you BessieHunter.

Jason & Wendy
Old 01-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Remote little known fact.

Been reading the forum about all the problems campers are having with remotes. On IR remotes you can use the camera on your phones to test the remote itself. Just turn on the camera feature on your phone, aim the remote at the lens and press any button on the remote. If you see a bright light on the phone screen then the IR from the remote is working. If battery is dead then no bright light. This may help you determine if the remote needs to be replaced.
2001 ford excursion 7.3 diesel
Rick G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:10 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Sansui TV issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
has anyone experienced this?
My Sansui TV in my sunset trail has a red standby led, but will not turn on. I have tried the remote and the actual power button, but nothing the light will not turn green and I can not get the tv to turn on
We also had the same issue and did the same thing to get it to work! A bit of advice. When you unplug from shore power, unplug the TV first. Do your trip with it unplugged until you get set back up at the campsite, then plug back in. We found this to work every time. Seems that unplugging the camper from shore power causing the unit to switch to battery is the issue. Basically we leave the TV unplugged all the time until we've set up.

**WAS**2013 Sunset Trail Reserve SF32RL
**WAS**2011 Dodge 1500 Outdoorsman
**NOW** 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
Gcross1468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcross1468 View Post
We also had the same issue and did the same thing to get it to work! A bit of advice. When you unplug from shore power, unplug the TV first. Do your trip with it unplugged until you get set back up at the campsite, then plug back in. We found this to work every time. Seems that unplugging the camper from shore power causing the unit to switch to battery is the issue. Basically we leave the TV unplugged all the time until we've set up.
This is exactly what we do now. never leave the tv plugged in when connecting or disconnecting from shore power.

Jason & Wendy