Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
New Camper

tire pressure for 2006 30QB

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone knew the suggested tire pressure for our 2006 Crossroads Cruiser 30QB? The label on the rv has long since faded away, Thanks
Old 08-02-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Not sure what tire size you have but my 05 Cruiser 29CK was close in weight and according to the brochure both have 5200# axles. Mine had ST 225/75 R15 tires and I ran 60 psi. That was what the sticker called for.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
New Camper

Thanks! Mine is 7916lbs unloaded, so pretty close in terms of weight. I've been running at 55psi. I'm gonna do the tire chalk test and try to figure out what looks right.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Brett
Unless I am mistaken, if you look at the side wall of your tires the max pressure of the tire should be embossed, but is pretty small...When towing your camper you should set the tires at max pressure...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:47 PM   #5
New Camper

I'm aware of the tire's max pressure, I'm interested in the rv manufacturer's recommended psi. The label on the rv has faded away. Thanks though!
Old 08-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Try this link for tire inflation based upon weight.
https://www.rvsafety.com/weight/tire-inflation-tables
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:00 AM   #7
New Camper

Excellent, Thanks for the info!
Old 08-05-2021, 07:55 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Always use the tire manufacturer's max cold psi rating. The tire will state this on the side of each tire.

Make sure that you have the recommended size tire for your trailer and that someone has not gone to a different tire size. You also want to make sure your tires are ST rated. You should be able to do a search on the Web and find out what tires the OEM used as original equipment.

Hopes this helps.....
Old 08-06-2021, 08:51 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
Always use the tire manufacturer's max cold psi rating. The tire will state this on the side of each tire.

Make sure that you have the recommended size tire for your trailer and that someone has not gone to a different tire size. You also want to make sure your tires are ST rated. You should be able to do a search on the Web and find out what tires the OEM used as original equipment.

Hopes this helps.....

This is a highly contested topic.
1. As far as going by the manufacturers sidewall psi rating, there is more to it than what a lot of people read into it. (It states) Max load single XXX # AT 80 psi. For me that means if you don't have XXX# of pounds on the tire, 80# isn't required. My Goodyear tire dealer fully agrees with that.
2. Then the tire size. OEM tires that come with the trailer have been known as junk!
China bombs! They have over the years been barely adequate to carry the load. People have had a lot of damage to their rigs when those POS tires blow. I for one am a strong advocate of replacing them with the next size heavier tire. I have not replaced mine with ST either. I use LT tires. I'm on my second set, and so far they have been trouble free. Now, I understand Goodyear has a new ST tire they have come out with and people (most of them) have been quite satisfied with them.
So in my opinion, if you see a rig that has the next size bigger tire on it, that doesn't mean it's bad or wrong. That would tell me the previous owner was proactive on his maintenance of his trailer tires.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:

Hopes this helps.....
The max pressure is for max load. My truck for example same tire front and rear sticker on door says front 60psi rear 80 psi. I go by what the vehicle - truck, car, or camper says to run not what the tires are rated at.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
This is a highly contested topic.
1. As far as going by the manufacturers sidewall psi rating, there is more to it than what a lot of people read into it. (It states) Max load single XXX # AT 80 psi. For me that means if you don't have XXX# of pounds on the tire, 80# isn't required. My Goodyear tire dealer fully agrees with that.
2. Then the tire size. OEM tires that come with the trailer have been known as junk!
China bombs! They have over the years been barely adequate to carry the load. People have had a lot of damage to their rigs when those POS tires blow. I for one am a strong advocate of replacing them with the next size heavier tire. I have not replaced mine with ST either. I use LT tires. I'm on my second set, and so far they have been trouble free. Now, I understand Goodyear has a new ST tire they have come out with and people (most of them) have been quite satisfied with them.
So in my opinion, if you see a rig that has the next size bigger tire on it, that doesn't mean it's bad or wrong. That would tell me the previous owner was proactive on his maintenance of his trailer tires.
Lloyd, hear what you are saying. I should have been more clear, as the OP shows his camper is an 2006. My concern was he may have an under-rated tire. I have seen this in the past when a seller was being cheep just get a rig ready to sell. A higher rated tire will always be superior.

He also states the data label on this trailer is unreadable. The tire sidewall would be his next best reference.

Hopefully, he can find a copy of the data sticker somewhere on the Web.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:44 PM   #12
New Camper

Quote:
Lloyd, hear what you are saying. I should have been more clear, as the OP shows his camper is an 2006. My concern was he may have an under-rated tire. I have seen this in the past when a seller was being cheep just get a rig ready to sell. A higher rated tire will always be superior.

He also states the data label on this trailer is unreadable. The tire sidewall would be his next best reference.

Hopefully, he can find a copy of the data sticker somewhere on the Web.
Generic ST225 75 15's are what we've been running on, we haven't upgraded yet. I've looked everywhere online for the rv manufacturer's recommendation to no avail. We even called Crossroads but they didn't have that data from 2006 - which was surprising. We're going to go to a CAT scale and weigh, then use a tire guide for the recommended psi. Seems like the smart thing to do.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:50 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabrett View Post
Generic ST225 75 15's are what we've been running on, we haven't upgraded yet. I've looked everywhere online for the rv manufacturer's recommendation to no avail. We even called Crossroads but they didn't have that data from 2006 - which was surprising. We're going to go to a CAT scale and weigh, then use a tire guide for the recommended psi. Seems like the smart thing to do.
Nothing better than actually knowing the true weight of your rig. I have to agree that it is the smart thing to do!
Old 08-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

Look on the tire sidewall, and inflate to the pressure indicated.
2015 Zinger 27RL (TT #5)
Ford F350 FX4
My toy = 2004 Corvette Coupe
AmericalVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #15
Weekend Camper

Tire pressures

My Goodyear Endurance ST trailer tires are clearly embossed to inflate to 80 psi. My Cruiser 35SS axle weight is 8,790 lbs, or +/- 2,200 lbs per tire, 4,400 lbs per axle. All I’ve ever read or been told is that trailer tires are made to run at max cold pressure. While less pressure may give a softer ride, it’s below the intended design. I strongly recommend a tire pressure monitor system that gives you both pressure and temperature readings.
Jagsix is offline   Reply With Quote