Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

These seem like a good idea ... monitor the tire pressure of all your tires .... decrease risk of tire failure and increase fuel economy by "always" having properly inflated tires.

Are you using one? Â*Good/bad experience? Â*Able to use on more than one vehicle? Â*Would you buy the one you have again? Â*Negatives?

You get the idea ... I'm almost clueless and I'm looking for all feedback.

Thanks!

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Al,

When we first got our unit I read a lot on other forums and only read positive things about the system (Pressure Pro). I read you could find the slow leak and the blow out in the matter of seconds. Plus I know the DW wold feel safer and have something to do while I was driving. So to the question is I love it and use it on all the tires even the spares. I do check the tires on the ground before we leave and use the monitor system as a back up but it is a pain to drop the spare to check so the monitor works there. I have had some false readings but only the loss of the signal of the sending unit to the receiver in the cab. (this gives you a - - and not a 00 or what ever the pressure might be indication) I have velcro on the back of the monitor and stick it to the dash cover and works great.

The short of is I have it, use it, and feel more safer with it. It cost some $$$$$ but I feel if I would see a problem before a blow out due to a pressure problem and it a peace of mind.

george

Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

George, that's a good endorsement of the Pressure Pro. Â*That seems to be the one most RVers end up with. Â*Are you able to easily switch from vehicle to vehicle?

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

The sending units screw on to the valve steam (I did change all of my to high pressure metal ones) although they say you can use rubber too. The receiver just plugs into the lighter plug so you can move it around. However, once it is set up you have to keep the sending unites in the same location. So not using the trailer, I have them in plastic bags with the wheel position marked. Someone on the forum had a plastic box ... looked and I am sure worked wonderful and if I could find one I would get one too.

Yes it is a great too to keep the DW busy as about ever hour I have her check the pressures and she goes through each tire and reads off the pressure. If you did not touch it at a 10 percent drop the alarm goes off and the wheel blinks. But she feels important : )

let me know if you have any more questions
george