Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
New Camper

Toilet leaking

We have a new 2017 Zinger 328SB. On our second trip the toilet started to leak when flushing. The leak is from the rear up high. There is no room to see back there. Hose connections appear tight. Anyone else have this problem? I'd like to hope it's not a part failure on such a new unit. If it's a easy fix I'll do it myself instead of hauling it back to the dealer.
Mardet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

We had the same thing on our previous 5er. I believe I had to get a water valve kit. Toilet had to be pulled because there wasn't enough room to get behind and work. Since yours is a 2017 it's under warranty. Let someone else fix it.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

There is a part to the rear of the toilet that can fail and spray water. One member reported the "valve?" Was clogged with wood shavings and worked fine once cleaned out. Can you get a mirror back there. I think the part I'm referring to is sometimes assesible in a hollow area.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:55 AM   #4
New Camper

Yes, there is room for a mirror. The valve (water modulator?) is real loose and maybe needs tightened. Have to look at it closer.

"Papa-T" is correct, it should go to the dealer but I have another trip planned soon and don't trust they could get to it by then.
Mardet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Ours had a leak but it was just a loose fitting.
Danny Pyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Here is a quote from another forum. I know you haven't mentioned a "spraying", but maybe...

The toilet flush has a "vacuum break" which extends above the rim of the bowl at the back, to make sure that a full bowl cannot be drawn back into the fill line. These do fail and do spray water about.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:08 AM   #7
New Camper

The leaky toilet tank can be fixed by changing the rubber gaskets around the tank bolts and the spud washer. It might be failed due to the hard water and minerals. You can also check the bolts that are connecting the tank and bowl. The loose bolts are one of the reasons for the toilet leaking. Check for the water-supply valve and float arm, that can also be a reason for the toilet leaking.
I haven't done any toilet repairs yet. I have seen that many people here used to do the repair themselves. I know youtube is an incredible help and there are numerous recordings that demonstrate the repairing strategies in detail. But I'm anxious something harm may happen if I did it without anyone else's help.
JennBarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #8
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennBarth View Post
The leaky toilet tank can be fixed by changing the rubber gaskets around the tank bolts and the spud washer. It might be failed due to the hard water and minerals. You can also check the bolts that are connecting the tank and bowl. The loose bolts are one of the reasons for the toilet leaking. Check for the water-supply valve and float arm, that can also be a reason for the toilet leaking.
I haven't done any toilet repairs yet. I have seen that many people here used to do the repair themselves. I know youtube is an incredible help and there are numerous recordings that demonstrate the repairing strategies in detail. But I'm anxious something harm may happen if I did it without anyone else's help.
You're talking residential toilet, except for the bowl & seat there's nothing else on a rv toilet the same as a resdential, no tank, no float.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote