Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

This is not a question. This is the answer. USE RV TOILET PAPER! If you have read my post "What did I do wrong?" you will see my exciting adventures with my black tank. When things go bad you want to blame somebody or something (certainly could not believe its MY fault) so I blamed it on a valve not adjusted properly. Also afew weeks previous to this my dealer had his initial exposure to my black tank with a black flush that wouldn't work. The black tank flush problem was determined to be toilet paper clogging the flush nozzle. After this last trip to the dealer and my RV-techs 2nd visit to my black tank, the problem was determined to be toilet paper wadded up in the valve opening. We pay more attention to the care of our black tank than most people do to their Television! Everytime I flush I count to 15 with the valve open so there is always lots of liquid. We never have less than about 3 gallons of liquid in the tank (we partially re-fill with clear water after emptying). We flush whenever we empty. Luckily this weekwe found we are getting low on papertoilet so time to re-order. After checking our existing stuff we found we had been using just plain old regular Scotts toilet paper in our RV.....never again! My RV-tech and I are still good friends but I think I'm pushing his limits (will never understand how a RV-Tech can stand there with a smile as he explains his journey through my black tank...maybe he's not taking all his medicine). So there you have it...RV toilet paper = happy pooper.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Does Scotts make different papers. I use "RV Safe" Scotts paper BUT mysprayer plugged after my last outing. My wife blamed it on me----said I have to stop saying nothing ever went wrong withour Cruiser. Any suggestions?
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I have never had an issue in my RV or septic at home using plain Jane Scotts TP which is safe for sensitive tanks and septics. In addition I have had 4 campers and never had an issue with the black tank. A brand of TP can't fix a crappy tank flush device like the factory installs! It's simple, the Sani-flush system is cheap and mine clogged from RV Safe anti-freeze.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

This is always a delicate subject but I'll give it a go. My DW uses TP to wipe drips and disposes of it in a trash can. When doing #2 we try to be very sparing in the amount used. I know some people like to spin a pile off the roll to get a good wipe but it ain't necessary with a little caution. We also make sure that the toilet has a good load of water before depositing there.
We had a 1996 Dutchman for a long time and used regular TP and never had a problem. Maybe we were lucky but my DW just hates RV TP.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

The best test we havefound is to put several squares of TP in a quart jar of water and see if it will disolve. We use Northern and have not had a problem.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Site Team

Chris:
You picked a pretty tough subject to come back on.
Welcome back.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote