Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

a word of caution, yesterday I started to get the camper ready for it's ist trip of the year, I keep my tires all covered all winter and when not in use, I uncovered the tires and 3 of them had "cure crack " in the sidewall, when I covered then last October I treated them with 303 and they were covered all winter, after calling there "service center ", a term I use lightly, I was told to E-mail pics, which I did, then I was told to take the camper for inspection, I refused to do that, the pics are good enough, then I was told to remove the tires take them to a dealer have them inspected and have the dealer call the girl, I told the girl that I owned a tire store before I retired she didn't want to hear that, so today I am going to junk the tires, they can keep the pro rate and I am going to change from 235/80R16 ST to 235/85R16 LT tires, I wouldd suggest to you guys to get on your knees and take a good look to check your tires, for a company that makes such a crappy tire that make the adjustment process a real pain...just wanted to pass this along I caught mine before I had a problem on the road, just don't want any of you guys to have trouble on the road, alot easier to change them out before the problem...

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Hi Amherst Ohio....we are in Huron, right down the road. Our Cruiser had tire wear, just 1 1/4 years into ownership. We had an axle that was bent according to a truck balancing company in Norwalk. Lippert said we were out of warranty. Crossroads took over from there. We also didn't want the cheap China tires on it.....so Lippert sent a new axle, and we were compensated toward the purchase of our Maxxis tires. Just returned from 2 months in Florida....and all went well. Thanks to Crossroads.
ccsabathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Mike, I had thought about calling Mission about our tires since they had less than 5k miles on them and were starting to come apart and see about getting something out of them. Then I figured it was not worth the hassleI would have to go through. I just went ahead and had ours replaced and was happy to get the China junk off the trailer. I think you are going to be much happier with the LT tires.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote