Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Stan: Quad steer is great as I leave it in 4 wheel steer at all times even without the trailer. It sure makes a diff. when backing a trailer. It has 3 modes, (1) is 2 wheel steering, (2) Standard 4 Wheel steering and it turns 12deg. opposite direction under 40 mph and the same direction over 40 mph (3) trailer mode turns 9 deg. opposite direction under 25 mph and same direction over 25 mph.
For height of trucks, my wife is 5 foot tab bit over weight, pushing real late 60"s, 1 knee already replaced and will being doing the other late winter. Have nerf bars on current truck and this one sits low but she still has trouble getting in/out. We also have a mini van and this one also a problem for her. So we drive the Scion XB and it almost sits below street level and she can get in and out of it. She would not like this message.
Robbie Ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

Thanks for the info on the quad steer. Interesting. Besides the side/nerf bars they also make actual steps (not sure if they are 2 or 3 steps) that bolt on the side and could possibly be your answer for the DW.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #23
Full Time Camper

Dodge has a step that comes out when the door is open. It is a dealer installed option. When my first wife was still alive she stood 4'12", I tried the nerf bars for her but was not enough put the steps on and it worked well for her. I would guess that the aftermarket boys would have some thing similar for the other brands of trucks

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

I started this topic, asking about tow vehicles, well the look is over, I traded for a 07 2500 HD Duramax/Allision, 51K miles. Found what i thought was a deal. have not pull camper with it yest but just driving around, I am already in love with it. lots of torque
SSGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #25
Full Time Camper

congrats on the new truck, you will enjoy the diesel very much. Its like once you try Abita Beer you can never go back to Miller Beer

Edited by: fhenn
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

NOW YOU DID IT! Now you have TOO much truck for that Zinger....You need to upgrade to a bigger RV to match up to the truck!!! Congrats on the new D/A.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #27
Full Time Camper

Congratulations! No doubt you found the right truck for you.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote