Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a bad back due to a degenerating spinal disk and must use a specialty bed which is, fortunately, available in queen size. How difficult would it be to remove the platform underneath the stock mattress of a new Cruiser 5th wheel so I can install a standard queen size box spring and mattress? Will this affect the warranty in any way?

I understand that it is not possible to install standard towel racks into RV's because of the way their walls are constructed. Plus, of course, there is minimal useable wall space in RV bathrooms. How can I install horizontal bars which will serve the same purpose?

I know there are plastic frames which can be hung over shower stall doors that can hold towels and washclothes, but those must be removed to actually take a shower and so are somewhat inconvenient. Plus I'd like to hang two full-size bath towels (hers and mine), a hand towel and two washclothes. The mobile plastic towel frames I've seen can't hold all that, so I know a real towel rack will be needed someplace.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Cruiser walls are framed 16" OC unlike other brands that are foam laminate or framed only around openings. I had no problem anchoring my accessories. Also I found a great over the door towel holder which hold three towels and two hand towels (Walmart).

You should have no problem if your handy reframing the bed. Only limitation will be framing around the slide mechanicals that are hidden within a panel in the bed.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

You're right. Walmart has a much better selection of over-the-door towel racks than Target does.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_q uery=towell+rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Also I found a great over the door towel holder which hold three towels and two hand towels (Walmart).
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
The Whitmor one like two down is the one I have. It fits perfectly over the top of the door and has held up great. It says it is not in the store but my local Wally stocks two or three types. Have fun!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:00 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

My shower is right across from the lav, I found a chrome over door towel bar (3bars)(BB&B) that I put over the shower door that doubles for hand towels and bath towels. I can put swimsuits there as well. To secure it I put a "dollop" of silicon at the top 2 hooks and bottom 2 contact points on the glass. No drilling, drips on linoleum, looks like it belongs.
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:34 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

We have an over the door towel rack we hang from the toilet door. We have another we hang from the shower frame. We take both down and store when traveling.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Our door would not close properly when we put in the over the door assembly. I installed a hook for towels along the side of the cabinet.

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote