Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #21
Full Time Camper

Many thanks for all the great input!

After much researchplus advice from my truck's dealer I ordered a Larado model made by Agri-cover, Inc. who also makes Access. Dealer wanted $520 uninstalled, bought from Realtrucks.comfor $375 plus they threw in a free tailgate seal kit worth $30. Cover arrived in short order, but I had to go Las Vegas to support my Utah Utes in the Mountain West Conference basketball tourney. Somebody's got to do it. This time of year I'll use any excuse to get out of the CO high country snow. Anyway, Utes won the tourney, play AZ in the NCAA first round tomorrow. Played golf on the way back and installed the cover today. Very impressed with the ease of installation (30 minutes), absolutely perfect fit and quality of the cover. Also, secure with it's inside slide locks and my locked tailgate. Ready to hit the road to AZ, probably in two weeks.

Thank y'all again for the info. and, GO UTES!!!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #22
New Camper

I have a Roll N Lock cover on my 08 F-250. Works great!

pcausey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #23
Weekend Camper

I am now on my 2nd roll up on 2 different trucks. Both of these have been the Retrax unit. Several of my friends also have these on their trucks. They are very sturdy and easy to install. It can be locked in any position from full closed to full open. I highly recommend them to anyone.

http://www.rolltopcover.com/
Bayou Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #24
New Camper

You should check out the Trifecta by Extang, Â*it is not a roll up though. Â*I got sick of the hard folding covers that cost $600 plus and leaked at the hinges. Â*I went to this one and have been extremely happy with it. Â*It folds in thirds, has a rigid frame and I can remove or install it in about two minutes. Â*I think I paid around $350 or so for it. Â* www.extang.comÂ*
RogerRich is offline   Reply With Quote