Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Ok I have had the 30SK all of one day and I am already looking into upgrades. Has anyone installed a Turbo/Maxx Fan? I am also considering a Maxxfan vent? Has anyone installed either themselves?

Thanks

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We had a MaxFan installed by the dealer because we ordered with the trailer. We had it put in the bedroom vent location because it was the highest spot in the trailer. It's a manually operated reversible fan.It has threespeedsfrom whisper quiettoa roar and is thermostatically controlled. We are very pleased with it and glad that we located in the bedroom.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I installed this fan in the vent hole of the bedroom in our Paradise Point.

http://www.maxxair.com/products/MaxxFan_Remote_Control.aspx

The install was easy, the power wires were already in place so it was basically remove the old vent, clean off the old sealant from the roof, and install the new vent. The most difficult part of it was removing the old sealant from the roof after I removed the old vent. If I remember the roof peices came in 2 parts,the basethat is screwed down to the roof and sealed then the vent itself that isscrew to the base. The directions say to put the 2 peices together then seal around the base. I sealed the base first then screwed the vent section on afterwards. With the vent sectionon the base it was difficult to get the sealant Iused around the base. Other than that I really like the vent with the remote. It does it's bestworkduring setup. Once we turn on the air I open the chill grill on the A/C then kick the fan on topull the air out. It actually pulls the coldair from the A/C up into the bedroom much better than the duct work in the ceiling. I usually run it for about 30 minutes then shut it off and close the chill grill. It also does a nice job on cool evenings when the windows are open, it reallymoves alot ofair when it's set the out position.I guess if I had one complaint it's the BEEP that sounds when you push a button on the remote.When I find whereon the vent itself that the BEEP is coming from I will put apeice of electrical tape on it to quiet it down.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Scott what did you use to clean the old caulk off the roof?

Thanks

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Just a word on the location of the fan. We have had a fan in the LIVING room in our last 3 trailers. When you turn on the living room fan and open only the bedroom windows you wouldn't believe the nice breeze it pulls in and you can hardly hear the fan. Of course a fan in both living room and bedroom gives you all the options but if I only had one fan it would be in the living room.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I just ordered a shurflo comfort air gold model from campingworld for 139.99.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I recently installed two maxfans. I put the one with remote control and power lid in the kitchen and a manual lid unit in the bathroom. I love these fans. They have 10 speeds, move a lot of air and keep the rain out when open. The manual lid fan also works with the remote control. Both fans are thermostatic. I didn't put one over the bedroom because I was saving that for a swamp cooler, which I just recently installed. I'm living in the trailer in the dry heat of South East Utah so this cooler will save a lot on power and do a much better job than my 13,500 A/C when it gets real hot out. Pictures of the fan and cooler installs below.

mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja29RK
Scott what did you use to clean the old caulk off the roof?

Thanks
I very carefully used a razor blade to cut away the parts that wouldn't pull off. I was lucky that alot of it came off when I pulled the old vent out. Once I had most of the caulking off I used hot soapy water to clean the area real good. So far I haven't had any leaks.

And at this moment i'm knocking on wood.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I installed the Maxxfan today. Everything went as planned. I had to pickup power at a kitchen light which means if I turn off the light switch I turn off the fan. Cruisers don't come prewired for the fan.No big deal. Waiting for caulk to setup then check for leaks, I don't expect any problems. Thanks to the group for the input, a special thanks to Scott. On to the next project.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel