Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi there,

We are curious if anyone could share what size and TV brandthey purchased to place in the TV cabinet? We are hoping for somethingthat sitsflush within the cabinet. With that in mind,did you usethe existing factory mount or did you replaced it with an arm-movable-mount? We are disappointed in the limited line of site from the couch and are thinking that an arm-movable mount would be best. Otherwise,the best viewing is from the dinnette and that is not so comfortable. Any installation helpful pointers would also be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Camper22
Camper22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #2

Mine had an upgraded movable mount when I bought the unit. We do use the movable mount when we want to change the TV around. I wouldn't like it as much if it was stationary. We purchased a Sanyo 32" at Walmart. Workes great. I had room for a bigger one, but I fiqured this one was big enough for camping. I wrap my TV with a blanket and use a bungie strap on each end and then use a couple pieces of 5" thick foam to stick behind the TV while traveling to reduce movement or vibration.

P.S. WELCOME TO THE FORUM ! HAPPY CAMPINGEdited by: Deputydog
Old 06-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I had a 22 inch Vizio LED on a flush mount that fit perfect. I have since moved that one to the back for the kids and put a 26 inch LED Vizio on a arm mount that I can remove or set up in 2 minutes. I chose these unitsbecause the 22 is about 8 pounds and the 26 is around 10 and they put off no heat inside the trailer. We don't watch tv in bed so turning the tv to the bedroom is of no concern for us. If I did want to watch tv in the bedroom it would take about 2-3 minutes to pull the tv arm off the mount and move it to the other side. If you only have the flat mount bracket I would buy the arm from the dealer that slides into it.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
New Camper

Thank you both for your replies. You gave us helpful information to proceed.

Happy camping!
Camper22 is offline   Reply With Quote