Originally Posted by dmoq
we raised the roof antenna , we have a coax cable, and plugged that in , we were trying to figure out what that plug was that looked like a cigarette lighter plug, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't .
Right there on that coax/cigarette lighter plate there is a little button that must be pressed, and the green light next to it will come on, in order for the antenna to work. It is a booster, but is needed for all but the very strongest signals. However, make sure that booster is OFF if you are hooking up to a cable site. The amplified noise of the lowered antenna will override the cable signal.
BTW, that IS a cigarette light plug, to offer you a 12volt outlet for the TV. Some TVs, like ours, run on 12Volts. We don't need or use a 120VAC adapter, and so ours (with DVD) will run on battery power, even without shore power.