Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Whenever any of the 12 volt fans are running, roof vents and stove vent, and the TV'sare on, with off-air antenna, the digital picture and sound break up. I'm not sure if it is comingthrough the 12 volt power to the antenna booster or through the antenna itself. Any suggestions?
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Make sure all of the F connectors are tight. Check the one on the roof. Put a terminator resistor on any unused outlets such as in the bedroom.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

The inside connectors are tight and I do have an unused terminal on the outside. Haven't checked theroof connections yet.
2009 F-150XLT
Old 01-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

It is the booster. Leaving the batteries on helps a bit (cleaner power than the converter). Played with it, but never quite figured out an answer. On ours, it is only the Bathroom fan that causes the issue.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I'm waiting for a reply from Wingard for their suggestions.
2009 F-150XLT
Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Yourdigital tvis going to get interferencefrom the converter. That has been documented here and on RV.net. There isn't a whole lot you can do right now to resolve it.

I've only experienced interference from the bathroom fan, but it wasn't all that bad. A lot of the noise on the DC bus comes from your converter. As previously mentioned, a fully charged battery will eliminate most of it. Since you have a new trailer, it's possible that you have a bad connection from a poor installation at the factory. That is a warranty issue.

Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Your post mentions TV's. How many tv's and what are they. If it were the converter then most of us that have Cruiser's should be having problems. I have a 2010 5th wheel Cruiser 26RK. I have not had any problems with my Sony 26 inch Bravia tv. Ialso had a smaller LCD tv but can not remember the brand. It also worked OK. If it is the converter maybe there is something wrong with it and it should be covered by your warranty. If they will not replace it you can bite the bullet and replace with a quality converter. I am used to bitting the bullet with crossroads. That is what I had to do to get a brake problem resolved. Cost me $200 for new backing plates with new brakes and a couple days of my time.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I have a Sylvania and Vizio LCD tv. I know the LR vent fan is wired to the same circuit as the antenna booster and that is probably the source of the problem. That fan and the stove fan arecausing the worst problems. The interference isn't the same on all channels, the stronger the signal thereis little or no interference. The digital signalseems more prone to instability.
2009 F-150XLT
Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I had the same problem, it took it to the factory last year at the rally. I had Randy look at it, what we found was that digital is real sensitive. On that particular day a slight antenna adjustment took care of it.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

I am/was having the same problem. We are at the campground now and the tv was messing up when the furnace came on. I remembered I had purchased a surge protectore from Wal Mart,it is aPhillips the small cheap one. I plugged it into the tv and we have had no static since. I am going to play with it a little, but I beleive it may have solved the problem.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote