Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
New Camper

TV Mounting inn Living Room - 33BH

I just purchased the new 2018 33BH.

I have mounted a TV on the master room wall (very easy), I will be putting a TV in the bunk room, that will be on a stand since the entertainment center is 11.5 inches deep and on the other side is the kitchen.

The issue I am having is figuring out what to do with a TV in the living room...
Considering the entertainment center is only 4.5 inches deep, that takes the idea of a stand right out of the picture (nothing larger than a 19" TV has a stand able to fit in there), unless I build some fancy shelve extension (which I should have to do in a brand new camper). The opening space is 31x21.5, so it seams that it was deffinitly made to hold a 32"TV.

Problem is there is no tv bracket mounting location, no sticker, and when I push on the back wall you can tell it is just thin paneling by how it flexes all over the place. I find it very interesting if it is possible to accidentally damage this paneling when plugging or unplugging from the outlet with the amount it bows.

although there is no mounting location that makes sense, it really seems to me that with how narrow the depth is, it was meant to mount a TV still.

The other confusing thing is the wasted space behind the entertainment center, with the angle it is at, it doesn't share an immediate back wall with the shower in the bathroom, or the cabinet beside it, so it would seem they would have been easily able to facilitate putting in a mounting stud.

Anyone with a 2017-18, possibly even a 16 may be exactly the same that has mounted a TV in this location, I would assume there are other models out there with similar living room entertainment setups so I don't want to be specific with models.
ralphmichael17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

After checking with dealer or manuf., then as a last resort, I would glue a nice piece of 3/4 plywood (liquid nails) that would fill the entire flat area, ie biggest possible area. Stain in if u want, but then u could mount a standard bracket for a 32" tv. I did this in our bedroom, works like a charm.
2011 27' RLX
gregtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
New Camper

After checking with the manufacturer, there is a piece of plywood behind the panel glued and staples to it. It is only 12” x 12”

When knocking on panel you can kind of feel it but the panel still does flex, they did put the board there to mount though. I’m guessing I should not put a full motion mount and just a tilt up down one since it will not be on a stud.
ralphmichael17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
New Camper

The plywood it comes with. Did they tell you how thick it is? Or the lenth its recomended for a bolt?
Alex G is offline   Reply With Quote