Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I had posted that we had outside tirewear. Took it to a truck garage, and it was out of balance and the front axle was bowed. My husband talked to CrossRoads..and was given Lipperts #. Lippert was pretty snotty and after pictures etc. they said we were out of warranty ...we have a 2007 28RL bought in August.. Called Crossroads and they were not pleased. So instead of us in the middle, Shannon from Xroads took over. Lippert has now shipped a new axle to our garage and given us a $400 credit on tires..... because we are upgrading to the Maxxis tires. Read on the forum that people are having trouble finding the Maxxis, so my husband called them directly in GA. They are being sent out tommorrow morning. A special thanks to CrossRoads, Shannon, and even Randy, the President? (who also called us), (not Randy Micheler although he is suppose to be super, too)...

We will be leaving in a few days, for 2 months of 7 different Florida State Parks (including 16 days at LongKey and Pennecamp State Parks. Also thanks to all of you who posted suggestions on how to get started dealing with the problem.....this sure is a great forum.
ccsabathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Glad it is working! Now have a great trip and send everyone on the forum a post card

BTW did Crossroads tell you to stop by and pick us up for the trip??????

Have a great time.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Glad to hear everything is working out and I hope your trip to FL is uneventful in the problem category. Is one of the parks you plan on visiting Silver River State Park in Ocala? If not, just save for your next trip. It hasa great campground with large sites and a good selection of pull through sites.A must see for everyone.

Perhaps the Randy you are referring to is Randy Nielson, VP of Customer Care. Randy N. is also top notch and all my past dealings with him have been excellent. Nothing but the highest regards from me. The President is Mark Lucas. I had the pleasuremeeting him when I picked up my camper from the Service Facility in Topeka. (Signature Pic) The News/Event page has a good article about Mark soon after he joined the company in 2006. If you like the new graphics that was released on the 2008 line, he had a hand in them. I liked them so much that my 2006 model wears them proudly.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Awesome! I knew We all bought CrossRoads Products for a reason! Warranty & Service after the sale.

02 F250 PSD

07 Cruiser: CF29RK

You CAN get there from here it just takes longer https://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/100_1893.jpg
riverotter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Crossroads does a great job but it would be a lot easier on their customers if they didn't make you go to the supplier first and they did it.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I've already had me rear axle replaced once by Lippert and now I'm having tire wear problems again. Waiting to see how it's going to work out this time.

CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

We took our 2007 Cruiser 29CK to have the wheel bearings greased and repacked and we told that our rear axle was bowed, almost crushed. They said it was a defective axle and they had never seem one that bad. Our 5er has never been towed long distances nor overloaded so we were very surprised. We contacted Lippert directly and they did agree to ship a new axle to our service center but we still had to pay for new tires. So far the front axle seems alright but we will keep an eye on it. We too had pictures of our axle and emailed them to Lippert. Probably should have sent them to Xroads as well. Maybe they need to find a new axle company if this is a common occurrence.
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:13 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Glad to hear it all worked out. Safe travels.

'08 Sunset Trail ST29RL

papa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Funny - I never read this many issues on Dexter equipped trailers.......
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote