Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well we got a call this am from our homeowners association. They have a "secured" (I use that would lightly). Where we can keep our RV/boats.

Apprently sometime this weekend there were several breakins to the trailers...the reailty is they did not actually break in to the trailers. They may have been trying to...really how can anyone except a small child fit through the 1/2 windows.

They did manage to break our the lower portion of the window and the brackets tore out of the frame.

Now I am thinking..would it be easier to just take the window out, replace it with plywood and take the window in to see if it can be repaired or if a new one has to be ordered. Or tow it the glass place to see if it can be repaired.

The dealership we bought it from is no longer in business.

Kristy
jemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Mmm...personally, I'd tow it someplace to have the glass replaced. If you do the job, and it leaks, it's your bad. If you have a "professional" replace the glass, and it leaks, it's thier bad, and they should pay for the damage.

Here's another alternative for future reference. I just added full glass coverage to my trailer insurance. It's costing us and additional $133.00 per year, but we figure it's worth it with our new 5er and thermopane windows.
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

That is true..I didn't think about it from that stand point. the brackets (the supports that push the window open and pull it closed) are broken..so I am not sure it can be repaired. Since the rivet is ripped out of the window frame. That is why I was thinking they would have to order a replacement window and not knowing how long that would take.

We do have full coverage on our trailer..but we also have a deductible. SO I am not sure if this will be under that cost yet.

jemek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I sould have stated from the "get-go" that my deductable went from $500 to $50.oo for the added $133.00 premium.
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I had a window break on the crusier and I call a glass company and they came out to my house and replaced it with no problems.
2008 Club Cart Precedent
https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...olfcart2-1.jpg
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote