Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #21
Weekend Camper

I guess the way I would see it (assuming I was a dealer and were getting reimbursed by themanufacturerfor the work and materials) would welcome the opportunity to take care of any RV customer so that I could develop a relationship with them so that when that customer becomes interested in buying another RV, they will place some value on the relationship we had. I know I am being somewhat nieve but that's how customer service pays off to any businessenterprise. You all are right, some of these dealers are not very smart and have no long term perspective.

So far, my Cruiser has not needed anywarranteework but I have already started to develop a relationship with a local dealer even though I did not purchase there. He has already told me regardless of where I purchased my Cruiser that he would be happy to take care of any problems. That has value to me.

Preston, Retired Army (1995}

2010 CF27RLX being towed by a 2005 F350 dually 6.0 Powerstroke, automatic FX4, Airlift Airbags, Reese 15K Hitch
NC Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #22
Weekend Camper

This is a problem with just about anything you can buy, does no one plan on future sales? The same Chevy dealer dealer who will not look at a GMC is wondering why there sales are going to Toyota and Nissan

xterra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xterra1
This is a problem with just about anything you can buy, does no one plan on future sales? The same Chevy dealer dealer who will not look at a GMC is wondering why there sales are going to Toyota and Nissan

Right, but this discussion was all about "chevy" dealers. I just think the RV marketplace is fragmented and rather rigid in their business models.

2008.5ish Kingston KF30SB

2008 Chevy 3500 dually
sheltieRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbinohio
....it's a cruel world, but business is business....and you sure can't blame the dealer for wanting to make a living... you were never a customer to begin with, he has his own customer base and he is going to take care of them, they are the one's who come back and buy again...

I grew up in a family tire business, we were a Goodyear dealeruntil my parents retired and closed it down. Wehonored Goodyear's tire warrantyregardless of where a consumer made their purchase.Of those consumers,95% were itinerants who either came in from the State Park, or were passing through on the interstate.

If the appointment book was full for the day then the itineranthad to eitherreturn the next day, orthey could hang out in the waiting area and hope someone cancelled. If, while they were waiting, a regular customer came in without an appointmentthey too had to return the next day, or wait;just likethe itinerant.

However,if there was a cancellation, we alwaysasked the regular customer if theyminded if we waited on the "out of towner" first. If the regular customer said they were pressed for time and couldn't wait, they got waited on before the itinerant.That surly would haveticked some of the itinerantsoff, but that's life. (We live in a small, rural community, with good friendly people. I really can't recall a regular customerinisting on going first.)

Our philosophy was that theitinerant was never coming back regardless of the service they received. Whether or not the regular customer came back also restedlargly onour service;but we simply couldn't take the chance of ticking theregular customer off.Life just ain't fair sometimes, in fact,..."it [is indeed]a cruel world, but business is business."
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

wouldnt you think they would want your next purchase of a trailer? By treating you humanly they might get that.this day and age you would think they would want all the work they could get.
Greg Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
Seasonal Camper

I have been told by more than one dealer, and not just crossroads brands but if they don't get the profit from the original sale they could care less about the service, and the last thing they will do is get into the middle of an arguement between a consumer and the company, and to hear all the complaining and you never made any money to begin with, alot of companies have cut back on warranty time and it takes some time for the dealer to be paid for their work....and maybe the dealers have enough of their own work to keep the techs busy....

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

WHAT IT BOILSDOWN TO IS THAT MOST DEALERS WILL NICKEL AND DIME YOU IF YOU LET THEM.RVWis actually closer to us than the dealer we gotours from but we had a considerable boattrade in and Rvw dosent do trades and the closest dealer Smith Trailer Sales in Monroe would have been worse!!! Not only are they upity about you purchasing things from them but all things there are cash and carry!! so if you need a part no credit accepted they are a small family owned business that im told owns their own units but has very little customer repoure!! I would drive anyware or order anything on line before ordering anything from Smith Trailer Sales in Monroe In! again!! And as for Wanna ive stopped in their severaltimes to get small parts they have a small parts and accesories inventory actually our walmart has more of an inventory but were very helpful expecilaay on small specific stuff like key blanks! And if all else fails im sure randy atCR can helpCR is only 10 min from Wanna rv!!!Buy the way we purchased ours at Dave Arborgast in Troy Ohio they sell everything from boats to motorhomes gmc cars trucks and have been great to us!!! So the rundown smith 22miles never again! Rvw 38 miles they were helpful too Arborgast 82 miles with a real service department!!! hmmmmmmmmm Good luck

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote