Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Well I just return from a 2 week trip with my 2011 Slingshot 26BH - great trip. There were a few minor issues that I wanted fixed upon return and I took my unit into the dealership. These included the outside shower leaking, the out side light by the LP tanks not working (which I had fixed previously in August 2011) some caulking coming off causing a gap between the counter and fidge. As well I wanted them to check the AC as I had one very hot day where the breaker on the AC kept tripping - it only happen one day and worked fine after that, but I thought I would get them to check in anyway.

Well i go to pick up my Unit a week later and they tell me that will be $400. I said I thought most of this would have been covered under warranty (the checking of the AC I was not sure and was willing to pay for this). They then tell me my warranty has expired - that it is only 12 months and expired in April 2012. I was shocked. I told them I that I thought Crossroads had a 2 year limited warranty. The service clerk then prints off a sheet that she says is from Crossroads with my VIN and at the bottom it reads "Standard Limited Warranty - 12 months -expires April 16, 2012".

I argue with the clerk to no avail. I ended up paying, getting the service managers name and leaving. When I get home I remember that the dealer did some warranty work for me in May of this year (replace the rock guard because it was de-laminating with a diamond plate). I have subsequently e-mailed Crossroads (just today)and am waiting for a reply. I will speak with the service manager next week.
Anyone able to shed light on this? Is it possible I only have a 1 year warranty? It clearly states on the website 2 year limited warranty for my model - Slingshot.
Rick in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

This is right off the Crossroads web site. I think I would have a talk with the dealership manager or owner and get Crossroads involved if need be. As long as your unit was built after 11/15/2010 they don't have much to stand on. Now if it was built prior to that date the they may have you.

2 Year Limited Warranty

CrossRoads RV offers you our standard limited warranty package. As a manufacturer, we understand that when you find the right travel unit that fits your needs, you want total confidence in your selection. CrossRoads RV is proud and confident of the products it provides. Therefore, we offer the original purchaser of the following products a 2 year (from date of delivery) limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.

<UL>

<LI>Zinger</LI>

<LI>Hampton</LI>

<LI>Slingshot *</LI>

<LI>Sunset Trail *</LI>

<LI>Elevation</LI>[/list]
<DIV =clear>

* 2 year warranty started with units offline on or after 11/15/2010.

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

camping world tried to tell me that my warranty was getting ready to expire this past dec (based upon my sale date of jan 2011) and tried to have me come in to get a check over before it expires. I told them I have a 2 yr warranty, the service manager didn't think so but had his warranty people check on it. They called me back, apologizedand told me I was correct, crossroads offers a 2 yr warranty.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I too am concerned about the 2 yr warranty as I dont even have my unit and will not receive it until mid sept. I was told 2 yr warranty.....then I see all the comments about the cracks etc...and I would think that would be covered as well....I did email crossroads on this site regarding that issue...I want to know the warranty is true and correct....
malysc
Old 08-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

The picture posted by Hunter11 is the same one that is a decal on the side of my unit. Malsync yours should have it too, right next to the door with all the other decals I wouldn't worry, CR will make it right, there reputation calls for them to do it.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote