Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to leadville123

I just got off of the phone with Lippert Axle and it seems that the 2/5 yr warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. The axles are only under warranty for a year so I wander what else is out of warranty with this unit. I have a 2011 Patriot Cruiser sk305 and bought it in Sept. 2011.. It isn't worth the money to buy or to keep on the road. I will trade it off soon and look for something built to better standards.

Just beware of the false promises and also make the dealer explain word by word everything about the 5th wheel if you decide to buy one.

We have travelled in ours about 10,000 miles and the rear jacks don'twork, the hot water heater on electric doesn't work, our passenger slide has come apart from the wall, the bed is broken from the wall and on the kitchen slide the seals are detached from the slide.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The Lippert warranty use to be 2 years but I understand they changed it to 1 year some time in 2012 probably around the same time Crossroads cut their warranty in half. I would push the axle issue with them and Crossroads both. Crossroads should help you with it since you still have warranty left with them. Keep going up the chain.

As far as the other issues with your unit you still have a couple of months left on your factory warranty so I would be pushing for those repairs now. Make them fix it as they are still responsible for the repairs under warranty.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Just remember you did not buy the camper from lippert you bought it from Crossroads and it's up to crossroads to handle Lippert. not you. If you let them get away with making you call lippert you lost before you even started. The 2 company's will play the blame game until you are out of warranty.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to leadville123

Thank you for the advise
leadville123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I agree with the above. Also, make sure you get all your current issues documented on paper when you carry it in for repairs. If your selling dealer won't help you, find one that will and remember them the next time you purchase one.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote