Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

How much time does it usually take for a dealer to get the OK for the payment under a warranty, would it not just take a phone call. What kind of loops do they have to go thru. My dealer tells me he has to go thru a representative and that takes time although my rig is fixed and ready to be picked up. And as he has not told me how much it cost(before he fixed it)I am assuming it has been covered. confusing if you ask me

Norval
cgaucho1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Hmmmm.........interesting situation. If your trailer is already repaired and is ready to pick up then, I suspect that your dealer has already had approval for the repair. I really don't really think that this is your problem although it sounds like the dealer is implying that it is. My suggestion to you is to pick up your trailer, and let the dealer worry about the payment for the repair.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

It is my understanding that Crossroads has a representative for each section of the US to deal with warranty issues. I know when we bought our trailer last year we had some issues right off the bat. I called Randy and he took care of most of them but I also dealt with Sheila (Southern Region)about some of the others. Both were great to work with and had approval for work and parts very quickly. Sounds like your dealer may be dragging his feet.I would do as Hamops suggest and go get your trailer and let the dealerworry aboutgetting paid from Crossroads.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Today I called the dealer and the answer was. Crossroads covered the fireplace wiring but still waiting for Atwood. But I could come and get my fiver and pay the cost and when Attwood comes back then they will refund the cost to me. Isaid no I don't have the money for that so you may as well keep my rig until the issue is solved. They said Ok. So I guess I will be home for the 2 longweekends and that is OK as the parks are all very full at this time of year. But it still boggles my mind it takes this long to get an answer. Has anyone else had this problem with the Atwood Jacks. I am afraid to phone Atwood myself in case it upsets the apple cart, you know how some people hate some one else overriding the question and answers
Old 06-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

After this mess I would find a new dealer. If crossroads signed off they had contacted Atwood already. The dealer fixed it without knowing where his money is coming from, I don't think so. Good luck.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Does Crossroads themselves contact Atwood and get the clearance or is it up to the dealer to talk with a rep from Atwood
Old 06-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

The dealer should have called Atwood.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Thanks, I will keep calling the dealer every day of next week, I only wish I could get the name of theRep for Atwood that this dealer is speaking with, but can't get it so far.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I have never seen such a Mickey Mouse operation in my entire life. This whole warranty thing is a joke. We can not even enjoy this camping season. It appears one thing after another goes wrong, and the Hampton is not even a year old yet. I called Crossroads and they said to call the dealer. The dealer said to call Crossroads. Sorry, but, WTF. They got their money, which was cash!!! And they forget about you!! Dealer said they will be here to fix it, never showed up, not even a call!

Next step is to call Crossroads and complain about the dealer. Sorry, but had to vent this all out. There is more, but I don't want to think about it anymore. Just makes me sick to my stomach!! I just hope others do not need to go through this. Hope someone out there is enjoying their camping,
campingWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Went and got my trailer today. It was explained to me that the broken part (motor) had to be shipped to USA to Atwood so they couldcheck it and verifi what the problem was before they would give them the approval I asked now that I have a new Motor do I get a new warranty for this motor and he answer was no. So heres hoping the motor was the problem. Thanks for all your help folk