Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi all , have been reading some of the posts about taking their T T's to the dealer they bought it from . as some of the posts contained a 2 hour drive to the dealer , i thought i would chime in

this past weekend we had a terrible storm come through the campground and you guessed it , destroyed our awning . i called our dealer and asked if we would need to take the 2 hour ride ,since the TT has another year remaing on the warranty .we did not want to void our warranty by going to a local RV dealer . he told me to call Crossroads . i did and here is some info i learned : nice young lady in charge of warranty issues said i could use our local non-crossroads dealer for that repair .{our warranty would not have covered that anyhow ,so are waiting for insurance adjuster } got to taliking with her about having to travel so far . she told me you can use any RV dealer you like . the dealer of your choice has to agree upon doing the work and will have to call Crossroads to get the final approval for payment of work done . i was not aware of this . just thought i'd share my experience with others that have purchased from dealers that may be a distance to travel .
2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi
Pullrite super glide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

It is my understanding that if you go to other than the selling Crossroads dealer the selling dealer is charged for the parts. The selling dealer then submits a claim and gets reimbursed. I know that when I take my RV to a local dealer the selling dealer in OH gets the bill for the parts.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We had a warranty repair made last fall by a local repair facility that went very smooth.
I contacted Crossroads, and sent pictures to them. They advised, find a repair facility of our choice, and get a quote. An authorization was given, I paid the bill and Crossroads reimbursed us within a week. Very easy and satisfying. Just make sure Crossroads is kept in the loop from the beginning.
Dennis

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote