Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
New Camper

I tried to post my question a couple months ago but I have had no answers yet! I have a Hampton 2010 and I'm thinking about installing a washer and dryer in the RV. If you have one

installed can you tell me your experience with it? Is there a specifc RV appropriate washer and dryer

set up that I would have to look into? I have seen a smaller front load washer and dryer at their site

but I don't know if there is a specific hook up I

need to get. Thanks for the help. I just don't want to purchase the set

just to realize that it isn't going to work! Thanks.

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgableRow"><tr ="msgableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">

</td></tr></tr></t></table>

laura1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Did you see this thread?
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/forum/fo...s.asp?TID=3999

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I bought a 3 month old Sears Kenmore stack washer Dryer for $300.00 and the unit looked like new in my unit it's plumbed for the washer dryer and the seas unit fut nice in the closet, I really didn't want the washer dryer but the deal was too good to pass up, I never did install it in the camper we used it in a rental house we have and it will make me a few bucks...it's a nice unit and used in alot of RV's the Splendid unit is nice, costly, and small, it's biggest selling point is it's aone piece unit, it's just small and it works slow, takes along time to dry a few pairs of jeans, just make sure you get a vented unit...before you buy check your available space and look at the stack units at all the home improvemnt stores, they do sell a kit to stack the dryer on top of the washer...good luck in whatever you choose

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

laura1, just remember, that unless your Hampton is set up at a park with 220V, a residential stack unit will not work. It may fit in the space, but requires 220V for the electric dryer and most, if not all, RV's are 120V. just FYI

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

the stack I bought had a 110v plug for the dryer, it's in my rental now and it works just fine..they suggest it be on it's own breaker......

Old 11-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

mbinohio, that is good to know. In all my years of remodeling I had never run across a residential unit with 120V. Must have been built for older houses that originally were not wired for 220V dryer connections. It must suck a lot of amperage though.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

The apartment sized stack-able units are 110v. They're the smaller units made as one piece usually not the full-size that are stacked. Google is your friend.
2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC Diesel
2013 Cruiser CF305SK Patriot Edition
avvidclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

it is not a front end loader, it loads from the top, not as big as a standard home unit but probably twice the size of a splendid unit..I only bought it because of the price, I put it in a rental unit that 2 retired folks live in, they love it, because it does not take up any room, it is on it's on breaker as for electric use I can't tell you they pay for their own ulilities, plus I raies the rent 50.00 because of the washer/dryer...it was more valuable to me in a rental than sitting in an unused camper......Mike

Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

I also have a 2010 Hampton and put a washer/dryer in the closet. GE has a stackable dryer with 110v. Be sure and get the 24" model as most stack units are 27.75" &amp; really doesn't fit in the closet.Takes a little longer to dry towels, but is great for keeping wet, dirty towels etc out of the way. Hook up was easy, just needed someone to cut a hole in the outside wall for the vent kit. Crossroads faxed over a schematic diagram showing where to cut the vent.
ewp5354 is offline   Reply With Quote