Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
New Camper

I recently acquired a 2011 Kingston KF30SB. It came with what appears to be a water filter wrench but I cannot find the water filter. Can anyone help here?
MARCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Marco, on my PP it was located in the basement storage area back near the water heater. Hard to see anda pain to service regularly, so I relocated mine to right near the baggage door.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We are just in the process of selling our 2011 KF30sb and really are sorry to see them go....very nice rig.The water filter (and water pump) is behind the water panel. To get at it, you have to remove the thick insulation pad that the basement door rests on when its closed. The insulation is adhesive backed. There are two screws behind the insulation. The two screws hold a piece of aluminum angle in place. Remove the aluminum angle and then you can see the two screws that hold the plastic in place on the side of the water control panel. You should have received a wrench which looks like an oil filter wrench to remove the water filter cannister. I have had a Kingston before and for me personally the water filter was a pain because there is no bypass and when it comes time to winterize you have to fill the thing with anti-freeze. When Igot this Kingston I paid the dealer to install a by-pass kit for the water filter. Also after I removed the insulation strip the first time, I cut two pieces out that fit over the screws so next time I would only have to remove the two small pieces. There is no way to tell where those two screws are until you remove the insulation. If you intend to keep the water filter in operation, be careful to hang onto the small O-ring gasket that fits around the top. It is VERY EASY to throw out the O-ring when you dump the water out of the cannister.

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote