Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
D43
New Camper

Water from sink coming up in shower in 5ver

I have a 28 ft. Zinger (by Crossroads) and I have been told by Crossroads that my trailer has two grey water tanks. However, there is only one grey water valve. I am physically unable to crawl under the trailer to check so I am planning on taking it to the shop and have them look for me. But, the problem I am experiencing is when I run water in the upper sink (bedroom), it comes up in my shower basin. I have snaked both lines with no positive outcome. I have read on this forum that the most common problem is a full grey water tank. We dump after each camping session so I know that's not the problem (unless Crossroads is correct and I in fact DO have two grey water tanks). So, with all that being said, does anyone have any other suggestions as to what my problem might be?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
D43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I think you may have 2 holding tanks if I remember correctly one valve is by the black tank valve and one is towards the back somewhere. Normally when water backs up into the sink or shower the tank is full. I do not own on so am going off other post as to the 2 grey valves
Old 05-24-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by D43 View Post
I have a 28 ft. Zinger (by Crossroads) and I have been told by Crossroads that my trailer has two grey water tanks. However, there is only one grey water valve. I am physically unable to crawl under the trailer to check so I am planning on taking it to the shop and have them look for me. But, the problem I am experiencing is when I run water in the upper sink (bedroom), it comes up in my shower basin. I have snaked both lines with no positive outcome. I have read on this forum that the most common problem is a full grey water tank. We dump after each camping session so I know that's not the problem (unless Crossroads is correct and I in fact DO have two grey water tanks). So, with all that being said, does anyone have any other suggestions as to what my problem might be?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
What year and what model
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Some times the valve is on the opposite of the camper.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Maybe check the vent pipe on the roof. I have seen on other forums people find blockage like wood or foam. That got there by installer at the manufacture.
Randy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:12 AM   #6
D43
New Camper

3 tanks

I discovered that I DO have three tanks. Two grey and one black. The genious that layed out the plumbing should be given the dumb a** award for making the third valve extremely difficult to access. It's behind the black water valve 😕. Couldn't see it without getting under the trailer (and I'm unable to do that). Has anyone ever hooked two grey water tanks together essentially making "one 80 gallon grey water tank"? Water seeks its own level and that would extend camping time considerably. We use campground shower houses plus minimal black water use. Thanks in advance for advice.....😊
Old 05-31-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
Site Team

Get one of these. Then you can open both grey valves, and you will have one big tank.

http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-T...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #8
D43
New Camper

Lloyd, There are already three valves, one on each grey tank and one on the black. Where in the line would the Amazon one go? Or would I be better off with a cable operated valve. I saw that one just below the one you recomnended (on the Amazon page).
Thanks for your input...��
Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by D43 View Post
Lloyd, There are already three valves, one on each grey tank and one on the black. Where in the line would the Amazon one go? Or would I be better off with a cable operated valve. I saw that one just below the one you recomnended (on the Amazon page).
Thanks for your input...��

This valve has a blade shut off. See the handle? Push the handle down, it's closed. Pull the handle up, it opens the valve for draining. You place it on the end of your drain line on the trailer. Same place you hook the hose on to dump the tanks. If you have the valve in the closed position, you can open the othen valve for the grey water tanks and that will let the two tanks equalize with each other. When they're full you simply open the valve on the Valterra and everything will empty. The valterra hooks on to the end of the drain line the same way the hose for draining does.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:50 PM   #10
D43
New Camper

Lloyd, That would work except for the fact that BOTH of the grey water valves are upstream from the black water and get to the main valve first. If I applied this valve and opened both grey water valves, yes it would equalize the two tanks. But then the grey water would have to be dumped first and that wouldn't work.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:02 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

No you close both grey valves open the Valvera let the water in the valve out. Dump the black and then both grey tanks