Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #21
New Camper

Last week I had to deal with a similiar problem. My '07 cf30sk was parked on a slight slope(nose uphill)when I filled the fresh water tank. Water started leaking out of the under belly after 30 minutes or so. The next day I refilled the tank and it took a significant amount of water. I started my investigation by removing/loosening the under belly fabric and found the water traveling along the top of the plywood sheeting and bubble insulation underneath the tank. Long story short, I tried accessing the area by looking through the hole and plumbing connected to the pump (located just inside of the rear water connection panel). what I found is the filler tubing from the water supply (not city water) was leaking at the connection to the tank. This was a "FLEXAUST 1-1/4" IAPMO=T" material. The tubing was deformed on the inside at the location where the hose clamp connected to the tank nipple. My guess is the deformity developed because of the hose clamp. Simple tightening of the hose clamp did not stop the leak because of the deformity. I installed a replacement tube made of smooth wall (inside & out) clear tubing. I am now researching the "FLEXAUST 1-1/4" IAPMO=T" material with the manufacturer to confirm if it is designed for this use. I will be just a little upset if this application is incorrect for the product used. If I had to work on this again, I would remove the shelf cabinet unit first. I also used a new type of hose clamp that had thumb screws for tightening in the cramped area.
giantsfans is offline   Reply With Quote